• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cyanogen RC3

DellyBelly

Jan 8, 2010
Philadelphia
About to flash to RC3, will give feedback; says it has a newer version of Gapps too.

So far:

Fixed the crash when closing the last window in the default browser
Boot logo is changed to a Cyanogen logo
Superuser icon is changed

Dunno if this was like this b4, but when re-adding the power strip widget you have a whole lot of options.

:D

- New DSP(digital signal processor) application that adds compression, effects and equalizer to speaker, headphones and Blue Tooth stereo.

- "Render Effect" that changes your screen colour. Not sure what this is all about.

- Lock home in memory (attempt to keep the current home app in memory at all times)

- Track ball notifications very customizable.

- Lots of UI customizations.

- Force new app installs to SD card by default, application moving etc.

Upvote 0
:D

- New DSP(digital signal processor) application that adds compression, effects and equalizer to speaker, headphones and Blue Tooth stereo.

- "Render Effect" that changes your screen colour. Not sure what this is all about.

- Lock home in memory (attempt to keep the current home app in memory at all times)

- Track ball notifications very customizable.

- Lots of UI customizations.

- Force new app installs to SD card by default, application moving etc.

I take it you like it? This seems like a major step, I haven't seen any of the little annoying bugs like I saw in RC1 and even RC2, seems pretty rock solid now.

I'm still having trouble finding a straight release note for these RC's I only see the full big list of notes from the first RC1.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones