1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

cyanogen settings sound, force close

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cipher6, Jan 25, 2011.

1. cipher6

cipher6 Android Enthusiast

I've just loaded cyanogen, and everytime I go to settings -> Sounds. I get a force close. Is that normal?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kkl1993

kkl1993 Well-Known Member

there are always going to be bugs in the nightlies. it used to work fine for me till about #7, i think. i have the same problem, its normal

3. cipher6

I'm using the stable

4. Matlock

Matlock Android Enthusiast

From what I have read, it's an uncommon but known issue some times. Not sure what the Fix is.

5. cipher6

reinstalled something with sense. Had to reinstall the ROM again and re-install apps one by one, making sure not to grab sense based apps.

MuffinGod likes this.
  6. MuffinGod

MuffinGod Newbie

How did you go about reloading ur Rom? I'm new to this and anything to make this process easier would be a huge help. Thanks

7. cipher6

just re-flashed, same way I did the first time.

8. MuffinGod

MuffinGod Newbie

Thanks...was hopefull there was an easier way. How do you scrutinize for sense based stuff? I used titanium batch restore for all my apps and data.

9. AnotherHiggins

AnotherHiggins Android Enthusiast

I've been running with the CyanogenMod nightlies for about a week (and really liking it). I'm still on 20 right now and just went into Settings > Audio without a problem.

Titanium is great. Are you using ROM Manager? It is an easy interface to find and install new ROMs and also makes it really easy to backup your current ROM. That way if you flash to a ROM that's buggy you can just fall back to your last good installation. You might have seen people writing about "Nandroid backups" - this is the same thing. When you recover from one of these backups, it puts everything back exactly the way it was when you backed up - all apps are loaded, all widgets are in place on your homescreens, etc.

It doesn't help get your apps and widgets back when you wipe data and install a new ROM, but it's a great safety net.

10. cipher6

ROM manager works good and makes it all pretty easy.

Any App thats red, is system app and shouldn't be reinstall when going from Sense to non-sense. Also stay away from anything labeled HTC.

I did a full restore the first time, that goofed up all my stuff. Reflashed, using ROM manager, then restored apps one by one, only grabbing what I needed.

11. MuffinGod

MuffinGod Newbie

Awesome info. I used rom manager to download and flash cm6 but I didn't back up after the new rom was loaded. Was short on time so I did a batch restore of apps and system data, second mistake. So if I understand correctly I can go into rom manager and do a reflash then ignore all red and HTC marked data. Thanks again for you help. This forum has given the info and courage to mod my phone and unlock its full potential. Its been invaluable. Just wish I could return the favor.

12. AnotherHiggins

AnotherHiggins Android Enthusiast

Give it time.... I only rooted a few weeks ago so I don't know much, either - but you can share what you do know.

A couple of ways you can do this. You said you downloaded CM6. The easiest way would probably be to just go into ROM Manager > Download ROM > CyanogenMod > CyanogenMod 6.1 and press it to download. ROM Manager will recognize that the file is already downloaded onto your SD card and will almost instantly come up with the ROM Pre-Installation dialog (which gives you the options to Backup Existing ROM and/or Wipe Data and Cache).

Alternately you can go to ROM Manager > Install ROM from SD Card > clockworkmod > download > mirror.teamdouche.net > get > inc > update-cm-6.1.0-Inc-signed.zip (or whichever version you downloaded).

13. cipher6

Yup, pretty much exactly what I did. I went one by one, if it was red or said HTC, or I had no idea what it was, I just left it alone.

After you get all your apps back up, and your menus and screens set to how you like them, then do a "nandroid" backup (backup using rom manager). then if something goes goofy you can get right back to where you were.

Also, sms messages are not saved by titanium when you back up your messaging app. I used sms backup from the market to back them up, and restore so I still had my message history.

14. MuffinGod

MuffinGod Newbie

Sweet. Ill take care of this after work. Thanks again. Ill be better prepared when cm7 has a stable release. Thanks again.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews