1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Cyanogen Tazz 2.0 starting to become a hinderance

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sixstringedmatt, Sep 10, 2010.

1. sixstringedmatt

sixstringedmatt Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Grad Student
    DC
    Hey guys,

I recently reinstalled this ROM after my Gmail went on the fritz. It is completely fixed now!

However, I am having some other issues. It may be the ROM, it may be me. I uninstalled ADW and purchased LPP. When I use LPP, sometimes the screen hiccups and items are redrawn before I can use the phone. The biggest time this happens is after unlock. The unlock swipe gets stuck out and hangs there for a few seconds then finally goes to my home screen.

The phone just seems sluggish now and I don't understand why.

Any input? If its the ROM, suggestions would be great. I am USED to 2.2 but don't know enough about 2.2 to say I need it for my next ROM. I do enjoy ALL of what was on the Tazz 2.0 ROM though, dialer, widgets, fluidity, etc.

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    update you rom. its on 5.0 by now

3. ppbb

ppbb Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Are you storing launcher pro on your sd card? Switch it to the phones internal memory if you are. It'll hiccup less and load faster etc.

4. sixstringedmatt

sixstringedmatt Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Grad Student
    DC
    LPP is on my phone, all my apps are really... I need to change that too!

I will update! I have been a bit lazy, maybe it will help. Thanks so much folks!

5. Good for you.

Take it slowly, and be sure to reboot after the initial boot up and after you've configured and tweaked a bit.

Things seem to go smoother with a few reboots in the first hours of usage, most importantly right after that first boot following the flash and your gmail data entry, etc.