• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM] WILD FOR THE NIGHT - Sprint/Virgin Mobile

This ROM doesn't have Adobe Flash Player does it? Because I tried watching a YouTube video not too long ago and it said that.

Now that you mention it, im having the same issue on aliendroid rom, is based on wild for the night rom. I do have flash installed, but it won't play most of the HD videos, including youtube, facebook videos, And if it does plays them they are sluggish or they stop playing.

So im guessing maybe a bug :thinking:

Youtube should work, but as far as flash, adobe abandoned mobile flash. ICS is the last available compatible version. There simply is no flash for Jellybean.

You can however use Boot Manager to dual boot an ICS or GB rom into an sd card slot and simply reboot into that rom when you need flash or sense or whatever rom you device to put there.

I have a GB sense rom dual booted, so when I need something there, all it takes is a simple reboot and I have sense on my phone.

And since you can't even download flash from the play store anymore, if for some reason you need it on some rom that doesn't come with it, you can find all archived android versions on the adobe website here:
Archived Flash Player versions

Reactions: xploPR
Upvote 0
Youtube should work, but as far as flash, adobe abandoned mobile flash. ICS is the last available compatible version. There simply is no flash for Jellybean.

You can however use Boot Manager to dual boot an ICS or GB rom into an sd card slot and simply reboot into that rom when you need flash or sense or whatever rom you device to put there.

I have a GB sense rom dual booted, so when I need something there, all it takes is a simple reboot and I have sense on my phone.

And since you can't even download flash from the play store anymore, if for some reason you need it on some rom that doesn't come with it, you can find all archived android versions on the adobe website here:
Archived Flash Player versions

I deleted the flash app, maybe is what causing problems as is not compatible with JB like you said.

Im going to download boot manager, so i could set mobsters Unlocked Potential HD as my second boot.

I hope i don't blowup my phone lol.

Upvote 0
I deleted the flash app, maybe is what causing problems as is not compatible with JB like you said.

Im going to download boot manager, so i could set mobsters Unlocked Potential HD as my second boot.

I hope i don't blowup my phone lol.

Yes I think you can use that one. Boot manager isn't being developed anymore at the moment so it hasn't been updated to work with jellybean or roms that use aroma installer.

You can have a jellybean rom as your main phone rom but as far as the extra roms booted to the sd, use ICS or GB. Also, if the rom you are dual booting uses aroma installer, you will need to restore a nandroid backup to the sd card slot rather than flashing to the sd card slot.

And just to be prepared, it takes a lot longer flashing to the sd card than it does to the phone. So be prepared to wait 20 minutes or so :p

Reactions: xploPR
Upvote 0
Yes I think you can use that one. Boot manager isn't being developed anymore at the moment so it hasn't been updated to work with jellybean or roms that use aroma installer.

You can have a jellybean rom as your main phone rom but as far as the extra roms booted to the sd, use ICS or GB. Also, if the rom you are dual booting uses aroma installer, you will need to restore a nandroid backup to the sd card slot rather than flashing to the sd card slot.

And just to be prepared, it takes a lot longer flashing to the sd card than it does to the phone. So be prepared to wait 20 minutes or so :p

Ok, thanks for letting me know about the 20 minutes delay lol i would had pull the battery out thinking the worst.

Im downloading unlock potential now, when it finish downloading, i just installed the zip to rom 1?

Sent from my Evo V 4G using Tapatalk 2

Upvote 0
Ok, thanks for letting me know about the 20 minutes delay lol i would had pull the battery out thinking the worst.

Im downloading unlock potential now, when it finish downloading, i just installed the zip to rom 1?

I think the app shows you the progress or at least what step it's at in flashing.

Yep, just put it in Rom 1. Don't forget to set up the phone rom first. It only takes a few seconds, but you need to do that to be able to reboot back to the phone rom. And you switch between roms through the app, so you'll have to install boot manager on your other rom too.

Upvote 0
I think the app shows you the progress or at least what step it's at in flashing.

Yep, just put it in Rom 1. Don't forget to set up the phone rom first. It only takes a few seconds, but you need to do that to be able to reboot back to the phone rom. And you switch between roms through the app, so you'll have to install boot manager on your other rom too.

Setup and installation completed, going to test it now :D

Thank you for helping me out.

Upvote 0
I thought i did everything right lol, i must had missed something, because as soon i hit the boot rom button, it started the reboot process, but it sends me straight to recovery.

i tried to reboot couple of times from recovery but still get nowhere besides back to the recovery screen.

Should i open a new thread so this one does not go offtopic?

Edit: I did a search to see if others had experience same problem here but didn't find any related threads.

Upvote 0
I thought i did everything right lol, i must had missed something, because as soon i hit the boot rom button, it started the reboot process, but it sends me straight to recovery.

i tried to reboot couple of times from recovery but still get nowhere besides back to the recovery screen.

Edit: I did a search to see if others had experience same problem here but didn't find any related threads.

Had the same problem you did. Just connected my phone to my computer and reflashed the boot.img from my main ROM using fast boot. Everything worked after that.

Upvote 0

Boot manager doesn't play well with anything over 4.0 I feel like I wasted money

Upvote 0
Had the same problem you did. Just connected my phone to my computer and reflashed the boot.img from my main ROM using fast boot. Everything worked after that.

Yeah, i started searching around in xda and google, and managed to fix it.

Boot manager doesn't play well with anything over 4.0 I feel like I wasted money

I got it to work after searching around.

Upvote 0
both work just fine for me...

I used to think GPS worked for me too. It can find my location just fine, but it didn't track me very well. I used it on the way to work as a test one morning, and early on, it was fine. I checked it after 10 minutes, and it didn't know where I was. I gave it a moment to find me, but it didn't.

I turned off GPS, exited the Nav app, then turned it back on, and started the Nav app. It found me quickly after that, but then 5 minutes later, it lost me again.

I've decided to wait this ROM out a bit. I'll try it again on the next release.

Reactions: zaius42
Upvote 0
I used to think GPS worked for me too. It can find my location just fine, but it didn't track me very well. I used it on the way to work as a test one morning, and early on, it was fine. I checked it after 10 minutes, and it didn't know where I was. I gave it a moment to find me, but it didn't.

I turned off GPS, exited the Nav app, then turned it back on, and started the Nav app. It found me quickly after that, but then 5 minutes later, it lost me again.

I've decided to wait this ROM out a bit. I'll try it again on the next release.

maps never actually finds my gps, downloaded an alternative navigation app, and it would be about 20miles off...

Upvote 0
Damn, GPS doesn't work on this JB shooter either?

Guess I'll have to stick with ICS for now.

Try evervolv 4.2.2 GPS works perfectly on that ROM as does vvm. As a matter of fact everything works perfectly. GPS has been broken on the other ROMs for weeks. Its a known issue but yet still persists. Evervolv is updated nightly has great battery life too.

Upvote 0
Damn, GPS doafter weeks of waiting i switched back to evervol work on this JB shooter either?

Guess I'll have to stick with ICS for now.

Try evervolv 4.2.2 GPS works perfectly on that ROM as does vvm. As a matter of fact everything works perfectly. GPS has been broken on the other ROMs for weeks. Its a known issue but yet still persists. Evervolv is updated nightly has great battery life too.

I really like wild for the night but after weeks of dropped GPS I gave up. The funny thing is thejan 30th release has working gps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones