• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM] WILD FOR THE NIGHT - Sprint/Virgin Mobile

Upvote 0
Does anyone see an issue that when you unplug the headphones, Apollo will launch? If so how to shut this "feature" off?

That's a new one to me. The one thing I had was that when I unplugged the headphones while the music was still playing, it did not stop, and played through the speakers. But then, it only happened once. After that, it stopped when I unplugged the headphones.

Upvote 0
i hope this is in the correct thread: To install CM Wild for the Night, can i just install the zip from TeamWin recovery like i used for the odex shooter, or do i need to take additional steps? Will i need to delete the old zip first?

(I have not taken S-OFF or installed 4EXT)

You don't need to delete old zip. Once you flash a rom, zip is useless, except for use in reflashing.
If you are s-on, you can not flash this rom.
You would need s-off with hboot 1.04 eng or 1.5 jbear. and flashing the update firmware.

Reactions: CharlieTango92
Upvote 0
I tried this out last night, and have now upgraded to the latest version.
Does all JB have a dedicated spot for the search bar and then the app grid is a smaller subset of that whole screen? I don't like that I have unusable real estate when I disable the persistent google search bar. Is it this something you have to deal with on all JB roms?

Also, if I hide the status bar, is there a quick retreive for it, or do i need to go through settings? Are there any kernels that I can install on top of this which will give me mpdecision controls? I can't seem to force on both cores with this ROM even with the tweak in the Kernel Tuner Settings.

Upvote 0
echo "1" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online
chmod 0444 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online
echo "ondemand" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_governor
chmod 0644 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_governor

OK cool, that's Plan B. Unless you can package that into a switch widget :D

Is there anyway for me to get MPDecision configuration to appear in Kernel Tuner? I wonder if during Aroma, I tell it to have Kernel based MPDecision will I then be able to tune it. Am I running into a conflict of ROM based mpdecision and Kernel, or is something else going on here? It runs on BT anyway, so I should be able to flash BT back onto it right? Any things to be aware of doing this?

Also another thing I wonder...is there some sort of fix for the shutter button not launching the camera app? The half press works OK to focus but I still have to click the camera icon to launch the camera app.

This could get equal playtime with Mobster HD. I have a list of things that I need to get working on this ROM still.

Upvote 0
New version posted!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2098121&highlight=cm10+1

Feb. 8, 2013
  • JOP40G
  • Audio update
  • Support for Virgin Mobile MMS (Separate from MMS fix)
  • Half press camera button to focus
  • Move dalvik cache to data
  • Bionic optimizations
  • Scorpion optimizations
  • Kernel: Linux 3.0.62, Linux 3.0.63, allow only unicast packets when screen is off
  • CM upstream

Sorry but I must say this, please read the install instructions, if you are coming from another ROM Please follow the "wipe everything" instructions. If you have the last version and flash this version just wipe cache and dalvik.

AND MOST OF ALL THANK dastin1015 and his contributors! I am just cross posting this information, they deserve your gratitude!

Upvote 0
this ROM is silky smooth, props to the devs.

has anyone been able to get ahold of justunbeans 4.2 inverted gapps lately? the only download link i can find is broken :(
I have the inverted gapps from this page that I could upload to a mirror on dev-host.

The instructions for flashing them are on that page.

Edit1: The 4.2 inverted gapps are here and here. I also uploaded the 4.1 inverted gapps if anyone needs those.

Edit2: Now that page seems to be down so I've attached a PDF file as backup.

Edit3: For anyone who doesn't know what inverted gapps are there are some screenshots in this post. They are supposed to save some of the battery used for the screen in addition to looking cool. ;)

ramjet73

Attachments

• JT Productions Official Downloads.pdf
    307.5 KB · Views: 59
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones