• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CyanogenMod 11 Port For L70?

I've kinda given up on it. I really want it to work I'm going to try to rebuild it and see if that fixes my error. I'm an amateur and nobody who knows what they're doing will give me a hint lol I'm sure its obvious but I'm missing it. Frankly chevans ROM is probably going to be better. I didn't put anything cool. Just pure cm11.

Upvote 0
I'll gladly test if you need. Otherwise I appreciate you dudes doing what I could not. It doesn't discourage me though :)

Hey man, no need to say you couldn't do it. Anything can be done if someone has time and commitment to complete the task. Just keep at it and you will eventually get it, it is a lot of trial and error, especially with TWRP or ROMs. There are many different flags needed for TWRP to get it working which is why people usually go straight to building CWM. Once you find your base, you have something to work from ;)

Upvote 0
Hey man, no need to say you couldn't do it. Anything can be done if someone has time and commitment to complete the task. Just keep at it and you will eventually get it, it is a lot of trial and error, especially with TWRP or ROMs. There are many different flags needed for TWRP to get it working which is why people usually go straight to building CWM. Once you find your base, you have something to work from ;)

Yeah I found that out. Lately, like everyone else, I haven't had the time to invest.

I still want to take another crack at cm11 but I wanna release my 10c rooted stock rom first. But, like I said, I just haven't had the time.

Reactions: newwaver
Upvote 0
Yeah I found that out. Lately, like everyone else, I haven't had the time to invest.

I still want to take another crack at cm11 but I wanna release my 10c rooted stock rom first. But, like I said, I just haven't had the time.
Maybe TWRP will support your cm11 port because it didn't on CWM and also they're both two different recoveries as you already know. Hey but take all the time you need :)

Upvote 0
Maybe TWRP will support your cm11 port because it didn't on CWM and also they're both two different recoveries as you already know. Hey but take all the time you need :)

I actually think it was a bad build. I will rebuild eventually but my first priority is 10c rooted. I want it to include everything and chevans kernel

Reactions: nickyhickey
Upvote 0
Ehm, there _is_ a working cwm for D321. Just via fastboot boot for now til we get a custom aboot. Check my Official D321 FAQ thread for instructions.
When will there be a custom aboot? I already bricked my phone with a cyanogenmod port they made for the 320n variant I think it was because of the custom recovery which doesn't work using fastboot boot recovery.img

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones