• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cyanogenmod 12.1 (almost) working

wailord284

Jul 18, 2015
Hi guys, recently I tried to see if I could get CM12.1 to function on the ZTE Warp Sync. I used this CM (http://androidforums.com/threads/cm12-1-unofficial-rc5.919662/) and just changed the updater script from draconis to warp4. The phone so far totally works! The only problems I have encountered are:

Camera is upside down regardless of the app you use

LTE does not work and I cannot get proper APN settings to actually send or receive pictures. Sending and getting text messages works fine but pictures do not work. I tried fixing it with this (http://androidforums.com/threads/bo...al-boost-apn-fix-for-d2lte-builds-mod.840501/) but unfortunately that only fixed the problem for about 5 minutes.

Overall it works pretty well but I just can't seem to get APN settings to work for more than a few minutes.
If anyone has suggestions on how to fix this or has suggestions I'd be open for testing them.
Thanks for your support. :)

Last edited:
Any updates on this would be awesome.
Well the camera I did not bother with at all. But the 4G and 3G just kinda magically fixed themselves. Sometimes it is a bit of a struggle to get the 4G to wanna download a photo but if you spend enough time turning mobile data on and off enough it'll begin to work. Other then that nothing else has really changed but I've been using it this entire times with no new problems.

Upvote 0
Hello guys. I got a little bit bored with Cyanogen Mod so I decided to venture out so to speak. I have gotten BrokenOS functional on our phone. The camera and 4G/picture sending is still broken but other than that it works very well. I am using it right now using 3G to post this from school.

I would say don't use the XDAForums LSpeed init.d tweaks script though because it caused me many bootloops. Also it appears Xposed doesn't work on this like it previously did on CM 12.1.

I installed it the same way I did with CM (but used the BrokenOS for the ZMax) and also flashed the same boost APN fix to be safe. If I can get 4G to work I will be sure to update the post. Just figured I'd share my findings.

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
From the looks of it nothing was built from source actually the ROM ur using is not meant for the sync u are lucky u didn't brick ya phone only a few have the broken os zmax and warp 4g that's why ur having issues with LTE
Yeah I know it was not meant to run. I have a tendency to try to do that stuff (Like getting League of Legends running on Linux). Was just wondering if there was a way to get the LTE to work again.

Reactions: devilschild26
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones