• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cyanogenmod 13 Beta 1

So has anyone come up with a way to install SuperSu on this ROM yet? I too use Titanium and LuckyPatcher [ for ad blocking ] so this is a must add imo. Some apps are asking for BusyBox too ? Or should the built in root access in the ROM itself be enough. Maybe I'm not setting it up correctly ? thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So has anyone come up with a way to install SuperSu on this ROM yet? I too use Titanium and LuckyPatcher [ for ad blocking ] so this is a must add imo. Some apps are asking for BusyBox too ? Or should the built in root access in the ROM itself be enough. Maybe I'm not setting it up correctly ? thanks

You do not need SuperSu to use Titanium. I use it on this ROM and cannot install SuperSu. I do have busybox installed.

Upvote 0
Now who picked this as best answer?
Screenshot_20160513-130909.png

How does this answer anything? C'mon now.

Upvote 0
You do not need SuperSu to use Titanium. I use it on this ROM and cannot install SuperSu. I do have busybox installed.

Ok so where are the root settings in the ROM, so I can allow an app or apps full root? Is it under PrivacyGuard ? On some apps a popup asks if I want to allow root and remember this setting I click yes remember it then next time it asks same thing so its not remembering. hmmmmmm

Upvote 0
Ok so where are the root settings in the ROM, so I can allow an app or apps full root? Is it under PrivacyGuard ? On some apps a popup asks if I want to allow root and remember this setting I click yes remember it then next time it asks same thing so its not remembering. hmmmmmm
It's in the Developer Options menu which is enabled by tapping the FW build number 7 times (common to all Android flavors).

Upvote 0
I still cant get RingPlus data to work at all, heres what I did so far:

I started over and flashed ROM first, then 6.0 pico gapps then ChangeofJinzo's Apn fix v1.2 ( selected RingPlus on menu ), and then rebooted it. Can call out and receive RingPlus calls just fine but no data hookup. I dont see any data icon in status bar either. Wifi works fine. Is there some setting I'm missing, I have not changed any netwok settings yet.

Also, shouldn't I have to do a PRL update can't see anything in settings for that either?

Finally, where is APN settings can't find it either?

Pretty sure I saw post where others got RingPlus data to work.

thanks

Edit: under SIM Status it says "Cellular Network State Disconnected " which is why I get no data. Also tried RingPlus 4.4 zip APN fix same results. Found out apparently there is no APN settings in CM13.

Even tried this : Have u tried shutting wifi off going to *#*#4636#*#* phone information set to LTE/CDMA auto prl and rebooting ...... did nothing for me. Whats strange is if I restore my ZV6 ROM data works just fine even in LTE.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I still cant get RingPlus data to work at all, heres what I did so far:

I started over and flashed ROM first, then 6.0 pico gapps then ChangeofJinzo's Apn fix v1.2 ( selected RingPlus on menu ), and then rebooted it. Can call out and receive RingPlus calls just fine but no data hookup. I dont see any data icon in status bar either. Wifi works fine. Is there some setting I'm missing, I have not changed any netwok settings yet.

Also, shouldn't I have to do a PRL update can't see anything in settings for that either?

Finally, where is APN settings can't find it either?

Pretty sure I saw post where others got RingPlus data to work.

thanks

Edit: under SIM Status it says "Cellular Network State Disconnected " which is why I get no data. Also tried RingPlus 4.4 zip APN fix same results. Found out apparently there is no APN settings in CM13.

Even tried this : Have u tried shutting wifi off going to *#*#4636#*#* phone information set to LTE/CDMA auto prl and rebooting ...... did nothing for me. Whats strange is if I restore my ZV6 ROM data works just fine even in LTE.

I assume you already know to turn off WiFi before testing data, right? And make sure data is turn on: Settings -> Data usage -> Cellular data = on.

After applying the RingPlus APN fix. Follow these steps to verify the APN settings: Settings -> Cellular networks -> Access Point Names -> RingPlus. You need make sure all the settings are exactly the same as listed in this link. My original "APN protocol" was set to none where it should be IPv4. One tool you can try is LTE Discovery (from Playstore) which scans the LTE bands and report their conditions. If the LTE signals are too weak, the phone will not camp on them.

After flashing, I was able to get 3G data working right away, but only after doing the above, LTE started to work (on RingPlus). FYI, "Cellular Network State Disconnected " is normal. I see that on mine too. It means you are not using the Cellular Network currently, eg. WiFi is on, or no data traffic.

Upvote 0
I assume you already know to turn off WiFi before testing data, right? And make sure data is turn on: Settings -> Data usage -> Cellular data = on.

After applying the RingPlus APN fix. Follow these steps to verify the APN settings: Settings -> Cellular networks -> Access Point Names -> RingPlus. You need make sure all the settings are exactly the same as listed in this link. My original "APN protocol" was set to none where it should be IPv4. One tool you can try is LTE Discovery (from Playstore) which scans the LTE bands and report their conditions. If the LTE signals are too weak, the phone will not camp on them.

After flashing, I was able to get 3G data working right away, but only after doing the above, LTE started to work (on RingPlus). FYI, "Cellular Network State Disconnected " is normal. I see that on mine too. It means you are not using the Cellular Network currently, eg. WiFi is on, or no data traffic.

thanks, that did the trick changed the APN settings per your post , rebooted and LTE was there. thanks again.

Upvote 0
speaking of settings, ROM Backup Settings Pro doesnt work with this very well keep getting permission error toast. Any other ROM settings backup apps that are known to work on this ROM. Or is there perhaps a file somwhere with settings I can copy and paste to another phone ? thanks

Edit: nothing wrong with ROM Backup Settings Pro app actually its an sd card access issue it apears.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Does this ROM need that sdfix apk thing in order to move apps to sd card? I don't see any buttons to move to SD card in app settings. Is there another way to move apps to sd card is what Im asking ?
You can try it, the only way I have them in my SD card is through making my external SD card an internal memory but that seems to mess with the phone.

Reactions: eems
Upvote 0
You can try it, the only way I have them in my SD card is through making my external SD card an internal memory but that seems to mess with the phone.

I wonder if it might make a difference if one copies all their stuff from the sd card to a pc then reformat the sd card in phone using CM13 format button in storage settings then copy stuff back to sd card. I know my sd card was formated in the SV6 rom so maybe thats a possible problem. I do know that it seems this CM13 rom puts alot more restrictions on accessing the sd card. I do know CM13 assigned some 8 digit alphanumeric to my sd card identity. I want to open up access to my sd card for everything still looking for how to do it.

Upvote 0
I've had it installed as my daily driver (with another phone as backup) for a few days now. Overall, not too bad for a beta. Aside from the none-working things listed in OP's post, the following didn't work well for me.
1. Green tint with the rear facing camera.
2. WiFi Hotspot freezes and reboot sometimes.
3. SuperSU can't be installed, while the built-in root support is still buggy (or not compatible with some apps).
4. No App-2-SD option anymore. You have to format the SD card as internal memory to use it, but TWRP doesn't understand it. So backup and restore is a hassle with that approach. In the end, I left it as external and learned to live with smaller ROM.
5. The phone's ringer dies until reboot, if more than one app try to access it. I have Hangout (Google voice) taking my calls and at the same time forwarded to my phone number. Normally with all other phone I hear both Hangout and phone ring at the same time when my Google voice number is called, but with this ROM only Hangout rings. The normal phone app shows the incoming call but no sound. After that, even a normal incoming call doesn't ring anymore, only the display works. To live with this problem, I enabled the vibration, so at least I can feel it when a call comes.
6. Here map takes really long time to load.
7. No MS Exchange client. This can be solved with a service pack.

Upvote 0
I've had it installed as my daily driver (with another phone as backup) for a few days now. Overall, not too bad for a beta. Aside from the none-working things listed in OP's post, the following didn't work well for me.
1. Green tint with the rear facing camera.
2. WiFi Hotspot freezes and reboot sometimes.
3. SuperSU can't be installed, while the built-in root support is still buggy (or not compatible with some apps).
4. No App-2-SD option anymore. You have to format the SD card as internal memory to use it, but TWRP doesn't understand it. So backup and restore is a hassle with that approach. In the end, I left it as external and learned to live with smaller ROM.
5. The phone's ringer dies until reboot, if more than one app try to access it. I have Hangout (Google voice) taking my calls and at the same time forwarded to my phone number. Normally with all other phone I hear both Hangout and phone ring at the same time when my Google voice number is called, but with this ROM only Hangout rings. The normal phone app shows the incoming call but no sound. After that, even a normal incoming call doesn't ring anymore, only the display works. To live with this problem, I enabled the vibration, so at least I can feel it when a call comes.
6. Here map takes really long time to load.
7. No MS Exchange client. This can be solved with a service pack.

Have you tried junking the stock camera app and using Open Camera on playstore. Much better camera app and I believe it cures the green thing.

Agree the root thing is buggy. FixSD wont work on anything but stock KitKat. Hopefully these things get fixed. Other than that I like this ROM as a daily driver its so much better than any kitkat I've seen so far. For now I'll have to transfer stuff manually once a month to SD card using root explorer app.

If anyone is looking for a great easy to see dark theme try Colors Dark CM13 on playstore it's real nice imo.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones