• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CyanogenMOD 13 UNOFFICIAL Beta 2

If any soul is brave enough here is the flashable .zip of the files. I would do a reformat then flash this file then Rom there after. I tested on the two Z970's in my possession so hopefully you should be okay. But you are flashing at your own risk. If anybody has luck with this I could upload a copy of the rom with these files intergrated that's as long as of course as I have hroark13 blessing.
Test Bootloader files and Modem[/QUOTE]

Just out of curiosity, what are the problems to be expected with using B33 modem?
I got 2 very annoying issues with my ZTE Zmax.

The first problem is probably modem related as I can see all kinds of certificate checking in the modem file. I get the service denied, blocked, and sometimes your MCC/MNC code is not available on this tower. All that happens just going from one end of the town to the other.
Do you think the B33 BL files will fix that?

The second issue is something you may know how to fix, it is regarding the SD card. It constantly drops in and out randomly. I've read it is usually a grounding issue on the port to the frame, but I've had 3 different phones with three different versions of android and 3 different SD cards and I've always had the exact same problem. SD card just likes to dissappear and remount every so often, especially on long transfers.
Is there a few sysctl or init cmds I can do to fix the timeout values or adjust the buffers?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
If any soul is brave enough here is the flashable .zip of the files. I would do a reformat then flash this file then Rom there after. I tested on the two Z970's in my possession so hopefully you should be okay. But you are flashing at your own risk. If anybody has luck with this I could upload a copy of the rom with these files intergrated that's as long as of course as I have hroark13 blessing.
Test Bootloader files and Modem

Just out of curiosity, what are the problems to be expected with using B33 modem?
I got 2 very annoying issues with my ZTE Zmax.

The first problem is probably modem related as I can see all kinds of certificate checking in the modem file. I get the service denied, blocked, and sometimes your MCC/MNC code is not available on this tower. All that happens just going from one end of the town to the other.
Do you think the B33 BL files will fix that?

The second issue is something you may know how to fix, it is regarding the SD card. It constantly drops in and out randomly. I've read it is usually a grounding issue on the port to the frame, but I've had 3 different phones with three different versions of android and 3 different SD cards and I've always had the exact same problem. SD card just likes to dissappear and remount every so often, especially on long transfers.
Is there a few sysctl or init cmds I can do to fix the timeout values or adjust the buffers?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Yup old modem files is what you need!

Upvote 0
Well after all modifications this ROM is 99.9 perfect.
1. Bluetooth error skipping at first. Bluetooth would connect then if you disconnect a reboot was the only solution.What I did to fix this error . I Coppied the /system/lib//hw/bluetooth.default.so file from stock ROM backup and replaced it. also I have an app called Bluetooth firewall. now my Bluetooth works flawlessly.

This didn't work for me. When I copy that file it disables my bluetooth.

Upvote 0
1. Bluetooth error skipping at first. Bluetooth would connect then if you disconnect a reboot was the only solution.What I did to fix this error . I Coppied the /system/lib//hw/bluetooth.default.so file from stock ROM backup and replaced it. also I have an app called Bluetooth firewall. now my Bluetooth works flawlessly.
2. Proximity sensor not working properly. all senser files I tried only worked to an extent. the best one for my metro PCs variant was flamingo. but after I moved the phone from my ear on the third time the phone would stay black until I hit the power button. Solution.... I have xposed installed so I downloaded Sensor Disabler formally known as proximity Disabler. now the light stays on all the time until I manually hit the power button. i obviously use Bluetooth stereo so no deal breaker for me.
3. LTE and data connection. editing the build. prop and using the proper VPN solved my data issues easily. In build.prop I edited theses changes.....
ro.telephony.default_network=10
ro.ril.enable.amr.wideband=1... and
ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=0
VPN I'm using
is fast.metro.com the one on the metro website.

Just FYI I don't like flashing gapps because of the space and resources the zips take up so I've learned to live without gapps for the last three years. I have an alternative app store.
so Google Maps Google voice search google docs viewer and chrome browser are the apps that do work on this ROM without google play services. perfect for my needs..to each is own..

Great ROM very smooth with nova launcher prime..

Highly recommend this ROM to experienced users .
I used the LP build prop ril in broken. So far the metro users have been saying the signal is pretty good. That took the phone off gsm/wcdma preferred and make it global

b8bb7b419e1765e7015e549052d1e629.jpg

Upvote 0
Good day,
Dear hroark13 , I know that is not the topic, well, can you help us to build the firmware for zte v5 redbul ? we are all works well, but does not see the network does not catch the link, not working FM radio, and youtube browser lag when flipping ,and do not correctly specifies the locations of the internal memory userdata)
BY THE WAY , SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH

Attachments

• xIvFmQ-J6Wo.jpg
    xIvFmQ-J6Wo.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 98
  • Zq3sm9JKzVo.jpg
    Zq3sm9JKzVo.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 124
Upvote 0
Good day,
Dear hroark13 , I know that is not the topic, well, can you help us to build the firmware for zte v5 redbul ? we are all works well, but does not see the network does not catch the link, not working FM radio, and youtube browser lag when flipping ,and do not correctly specifies the locations of the internal memory userdata)
BY THE WAY , SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH

sorry I do not have any time to build roms these days

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
What's up fellow draconis users. 1st off I love this phone and the support/development I've seen for this phone have been great. Were lucky to have such experienced devs working on this. Wish the lg h345 had it like that. Cough cough. Anyway threw all the ROMs I tested this one is like, the best. The only issue I had was with the proximity sensor. Couldn't get the zip to work so disabled it threw xposed. GPS, Bluetooth, everything so far is perfect. I made some switchers for it if no 1 minds for any 1 who needs them. Dfuse's latest switcher app works fine but I prefer the zips. Pm me if anyone needs them. I'm willing to contribute to this as much as possible.

Upvote 0
What's up fellow draconis users. 1st off I love this phone and the support/development I've seen for this phone have been great. Were lucky to have such experienced devs working on this. Wish the lg h345 had it like that. Cough cough. Anyway threw all the ROMs I tested this one is like, the best. The only issue I had was with the proximity sensor. Couldn't get the zip to work so disabled it threw xposed. GPS, Bluetooth, everything so far is perfect. I made some switchers for it if no 1 minds for any 1 who needs them. Dfuse's latest switcher app works fine but I prefer the zips. Pm me if anyone needs them. I'm willing to contribute to this as much as possible.
Switchers is no longer needed!

http://androidforums.com/index.php?threads/1040331/

Upvote 0
Hey, i flashed this rom and its working great but i have 2 minor problems. 1) whenever i install skype and try to open it it just crashes and 2) its not really a problem but i wanted to find out if the ambient display feature was supposed to work correctly becasue it say's to pick the phone up and the screen will turn on but it doesn't turn on but when i receive notifications it does. Besides that I've been enjoying this rom. Thanks.:)

Upvote 0
Again thanks hroark13 and dfuse06 for good working MM roms. Like dfuse06 said if its broken you can fix it yourself. (open source) lol..
Indeed i fixed the sensor issue by finally successfully ported a kernel. I ported dfuse06 kernel to this cm 13 rom for fun. And during my research the wifi and sensor issue was my milestone until i Googled..
I used adb remount /system to push modules to the phone.
I used android kitchen windows tool to accomplish the port. (zimage only)
I pushed the vendor/lib/ 2 sensor files from BrokenOS rom and the system/lib/modules .ko files
Bam!! dfuse06 BrokenOS kernel working on hroark13 cm13 rom.

i did this on windows xp lol
if any developer can answer this.
when i backup up the ported kernel and reflashed the original cm13 kernel, of course the modules didnt change so the wifi didnt work.
How do i back up the modules with the kernel and make it flashable via twrp?

some reason i cant find this answer anywhere.

thanks again..

Make a flashable zip with a your own custom updater-script

Reactions: UndacoverBrother
Upvote 0
2. Proximity sensor not working properly. all senser files I tried only worked to an extent. the best one for my metro PCs variant was flamingo. but after I moved the phone from my ear on the third time the phone would stay black until I hit the power button. Solution.... I have xposed installed so I downloaded Sensor Disabler formally known as proximity Disabler. now the light stays on all the time until I manually hit the power button. i obviously use Bluetooth stereo so no deal breaker for me.
3. LTE and data connection. editing the build. prop and using the proper APN solved my data issues easily. In build.prop I edited theses changes.....
ro.telephony.default_network=10
ro.ril.enable.amr.wideband=1... and
ro.telephony.call_ring.delay=0
APN I'm using
is fast.metro.com the one on the metro website.

Just FYI I don't like flashing gapps because of the space and resources the zips take up so I've learned to live without gapps for the last three years. I have an alternative app store.
so Google Maps Google voice search google docs viewer and chrome browser are the apps that do work on this ROM without google play services. perfect for my needs..to each is own..

Great ROM very smooth with nova launcher prime..

Highly recommend this ROM to experienced users .
This bluetooth fix seems to have worked for me! I'm so stoked. I'm on Broken 4.8, BTW (Had the same issue on CM13 too)

If anyone is interested... I made a flashable ZIP for this bluetooth fix. I pulled the file from Butternoob so it should work for the Metro or Tmobile variant (I have the Tmobile ZMax)

If anyone is interested I can email it or post it somewhere.

P.S. I did not install the bluetooth firewall

Reactions: UndacoverBrother
Upvote 0
I have the zte drivers..mtp works on stock 4.4.4.. anything else you can add?
uninstall/reinstall the drivers

check your antivirus software for blocks

check device manager for yellow triangles

if you see yellow triangles for that device, uninstall zte drivers, then uninstall the device from device manager, unplug device, reboot, reinstall zte drivers, then plug in phone again

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones