• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CyanogenMod 2.3 rom

Delsus

Android Enthusiast
May 14, 2011
Can anyone tell me if the CyanogenMod 2.3 rom give any performance boost over LG's 2.1 update 1 rom? I have had my GT540 for a while and it runs so slowly alot, also does it support app2sd? I need more apps than the phone can support.

I would like to upgrade but I would like to weigh up all the issues there could be, except the possibility of bricking the phone.

I am a newbie when it comes to rooting and custom roms so I dont know what to expect, any help would be apreciated

Thanks

Can anyone tell me if the CyanogenMod 2.3 rom give any performance boost over LG's 2.1 update 1 rom? I have had my GT540 for a while and it runs so slowly alot, also does it support app2sd? I need more apps than the phone can support.

I would like to upgrade but I would like to weigh up all the issues there could be, except the possibility of bricking the phone.

I am a newbie when it comes to rooting and custom roms so I dont know what to expect, any help would be apreciated

Thanks

Yap, CyanogenMod 7 will give a performance boost & the native Apps2SD works :D

Battery life might get shorter, BT Headset doesn't work yet & no other major problems, almost bugless :D Just follow the instructions carefully :D

Reactions: Delsus
Upvote 0
Yap, CyanogenMod 7 will give a performance boost & the native Apps2SD works :D

Battery life might get shorter, BT Headset doesn't work yet & no other major problems, almost bugless :D Just follow the instructions carefully :D

Thanks for the reply. Also I have accidental damage insurance for my phone, I know using Cyanogen will void my warrenty but would it affect the insurance at all, it is from the Geek Squad when I bought the phone from Carphone warehouse.

I am only asking because there is slight damage to the battery and I want to know if they would refuse to do anything because I flashed a custom rom on the phone.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply. Also I have accidental damage insurance for my phone, I know using Cyanogen will void my warrenty but would it affect the insurance at all, it is from the Geek Squad when I bought the phone from Carphone warehouse.

I am only asking because there is slight damage to the battery and I want to know if they would refuse to do anything because I flashed a custom rom on the phone.

In this case, first contact them & change the battery, then flash CyanogenMod...

Upvote 0
Hello, sorry about bumping this post but its better than a new one,

I still havent flashed cyanogenmod 7, but im going to do it soon, just charging the battery before i do, any time for the question,

From what I read on the net the people behind Cyanogen got a C&D order and removed the google apps from thier updates, is this the same with this version, if so where do you get apps like market, youtube and maps from?

Upvote 0
Hello, sorry about bumping this post but its better than a new one,

I still havent flashed cyanogenmod 7, but im going to do it soon, just charging the battery before i do, any time for the question,

From what I read on the net the people behind Cyanogen got a C&D order and removed the google apps from thier updates, is this the same with this version, if so where do you get apps like market, youtube and maps from?

Nope, this ain't same with this one... But, if somehow some Google Apps doesn't show up, then make sure you are logged in in your Google Account...

Upvote 0
Ok sorry about all the questions, but on cyanogenmod 7 when I try to move apps to my 4GB sd card, I can move 1 app, but when I try to move a second one it says there is not enough storage, when I have 3.1GB spare, just wondering if anyone knew why.

Btw I am trying the native apps2sd

Upvote 0
Ok sorry about all the questions, but on cyanogenmod 7 when I try to move apps to my 4GB sd card, I can move 1 app, but when I try to move a second one it says there is not enough storage, when I have 3.1GB spare, just wondering if anyone knew why.

Btw I am trying the native apps2sd

Do a backup of your apps, data, contacts etc & do a full wipe from Recovery menu... Sometimes if anything is not working correctly you have to do a full wipe...

BTW, which version are you using?! IF it's M5, have you flashed the "boot.img" manually?

Upvote 0
Do a backup of your apps, data, contacts etc & do a full wipe from Recovery menu... Sometimes if anything is not working correctly you have to do a full wipe...

BTW, which version are you using?! IF it's M5, have you flashed the "boot.img" manually?

From clockwork would a full wipe be "Wipe data/factory reset" and "Wipe cache partition"? or just one of those, also will this just wipe apps, data, contacts etc, or will i need re install cyanogen?

Also I am using the version of cyanogen on these forums (Android 2.3.3), and I flashed everything manually through fastboot

Upvote 0
From clockwork would a full wipe be "Wipe data/factory reset" and "Wipe cache partition"? or just one of those, also will this just wipe apps, data, contacts etc, or will i need re install cyanogen?

Also I am using the version of cyanogen on these forums (Android 2.3.3), and I flashed everything manually through fastboot

If you have flashed via Fastboot then you don't need to wipe... Which version are you using? If it's not v2.0 M5, flash M5 & if it's v2.0 M5 try re-installing...

Upvote 0
If you have flashed via Fastboot then you don't need to wipe... Which version are you using? If it's not v2.0 M5, flash M5 & if it's v2.0 M5 try re-installing...
Thanks again Nirob, I didnt think there had been an update since I downloaded the files, i'll try updating to M5 through fastboot which should solve any possible corruptions in my current version, thanks for all your help, and sorry about the nooby questions, but i guess we all had to start somwhere :D

Upvote 0
Thanks again Nirob, I didnt think there had been an update since I downloaded the files, i'll try updating to M5 through fastboot which should solve any possible corruptions in my current version, thanks for all your help, and sorry about the nooby questions, but i guess we all had to start somwhere :D

M6 released :p Before updating to M6, make sure your device has full charge... When it says "Charged" unplug & plug again & it'll charge a bit more...

After you have updated to M6, Wipe Battery Stats in Recovery... :D ya, We all start from somewhere, Once I was someone who didn't know what's Android, I saw the Nexus One first & fell in love with Android... That's what you call 'love at first sight' :p

Upvote 0
M6 released :p Before updating to M6, make sure your device has full charge... When it says "Charged" unplug & plug again & it'll charge a bit more...

After you have updated to M6, Wipe Battery Stats in Recovery... :D ya, We all start from somewhere, Once I was someone who didn't know what's Android, I saw the Nexus One first & fell in love with Android... That's what you call 'love at first sight' :p

Thanks for the heads up that M6 was out, flashed M6 through fastboot and it seems like it sorted my problems, so could have been somthing was messed up on last install.

Thanks for all your help Nirob :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones