• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cyanogenmod 5.0.8test1 running on Inc.

I'm glad you brought that up cuz I tried that and I see a black screen with a phone and a red question mark then it loads up the regular Rom. nothing

Sounds like the stock recovery to me. Have you used the unrevoked app to flash clockwork to your recovery partition?
ah, no.... I will. is that all I need to do?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
after i run the nandroid backup how do i install the new rom?

edit: never mind i got it lol

it's booting up now and it's taking forever....

edit 2: i think i'm stuck in a boot loop.... how long should it take for it to load up cuz i've been seeing the boot animation for about 5 minutes now

Upvote 0
Quick question. I'm not finding my photos on the internal card. If I connect to a PC there's just 4 folders, none of which are the 100media file that the pictures show as a path, and if I use Astro I see the same. Any help? I could always email them to myself, but I just want to have it all correct. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Quick question. I'm not finding my photos on the internal card. If I connect to a PC there's just 4 folders, none of which are the 100media file that the pictures show as a path, and if I use Astro I see the same. Any help? I could always email them to myself, but I just want to have it all correct. Thanks.

Top of the thread, post #3

WARNING!!!!!
BACKUP PRIOR TO INSTALLING THIS ROM, Current CyanogenMod Rom corrupts your internal 8GB so if you have pictures make sure you create a backup and just in case copy the contents of your internal to your sdcard. location for 8gb internal is /emmc/

Donate to Koush by purchasing his Rom Manager Premium APP

For those who dont have rom manager
Download:
CyanogenMod-5.0.8-test1-Inc.zip

1. Unzip File
2. Place CyanogenMod-5.0.8-test1-Inc folder in \sdcard\clockworkmod\backup\
3. Boot to Custom Recovery and do a wipe first
4. choose nandroid - restore and select CyanogenMod-5.0.8-test1-Inc
5. Enjoy :)

Upvote 0
the rom was great- Wait did he say "WAS"?

yes i did kids, why? because i took it off.

but why?

cuz stuff kept force closing like my widgets and such. >:-[ it's a great rom to check out but i don't see how someone could live with it for a day. but i did get the sweet ringtones and put them on my stock rooted incredible :)

Upvote 0
Yeah... except there's nothing there, like I said. I finally found the pics though.

For me all camera pictures are on the SD card in /sdcard/dcim/

Thats what grandmaster was trying to show you. this rom corrupts the internal 8GB of storage, where you were trying to find your pictures, and erases everything to the point where you would have to format the space and start over in it. meaning if you didnt back up your pics somewhere else or already had them saved in the sd, they would no longer be there once you load this rom.

Reactions: GrandMasterB
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones