• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CyanogenMod 6.0.0-RC1

Running fine on the P3Droid kernels from the p3 web site. low voltage, 1.1Ghz. I accidentally installed the one from the Cyanogen ROM folder in ROM Manager lol. duh. That one definitely does not work.

Happy to see the cpu temp sensor working. Don't know if it's by accident or not. It's only booted once.

Joe
CPU Temp works?! :eek:

EDIT: Well, even if it does, I'm going back to BB. I keep losing root with this ROM and it runs slower than BB did.

Upvote 0
CPU Temp works?! :eek:

EDIT: Well, even if it does, I'm going back to BB. I keep losing root with this ROM and it runs slower than BB did.

The option is there with the P3 kernel, when I place the set cpu widget. Don't know if it's accurate or actually using it or not.

Edit: Not working. The cpu sensor temp is above the battery temp, and is not changing, ever.

Joe

Upvote 0
In 2.1 it would show up automatically when I would sync with Facebook..ever since 2.2 it no longer does thats the reason I asked..

I don't use facebook, and I didn't have my picture showing in 2.1 but now in 2.2 it is there. The picture it displays is the one I have selected in Bump, the contact is labeled as my name not as "me" tho. Not sure it it helps or not.

Upvote 0
I haven't installed the ROM yet, but reading through the changelog is mentions something about JIT toggle.

Does anybody know what this means? If it toggles it on and off, why would you want it off? It's fully stable with Froyo now isn't it?

It's able to be turned off for older phones like the G1 that it won't work on.

Upvote 0
I keep getting force closes with launcher pro, plus none of the kernels besides JDLFG work on this build. JDLFG kernels never did well with my phone, they always ran hot. Switched back to BB. I loved the features and ideas CM brought to the table, but it's useless if things that I need don't work.....like say Launcher pro....

I'm seeing instability with adw.launcher if I have 4x2, 4x3, or 4x4 widgets on any home screen. I noticed it first in alpha 7 but didn't figure out what it was until now. Eventing is great otherwise.

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

Upvote 0
You guys liking this better than the newest BB? Do these usually run better? And would I be able to advance restore data from a bb build after wiping and installing?

I was liking Kangerade 5.0.9 better than the latest BB and so far this is better than Kangerade (for my phone)

I used TiBu and restored my data without one issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones