• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CyanogenMod 6.0.0-RC1

Also...check out the settings under Settings>Cyanogen...lots of cool stuff, including the option to set the color of the status bar, and you can see the color change via a long-press on the left corner of the status bar, as well as all of the notification text, etc.

Also VM Heap in the performance settings...set it to 32MB, seems to provide better performance...

Enjoy!

Are you saying that this feature is now included in the ROM or is it still a seperate download?

Upvote 0
I've had two issues so far; hoping to find a fix. First is that the market app always f/c's upon boot. I don't have any probs after that; just wondering why it's happening.

Second is that the "power off" option, when chosen, says "your phone will now reboot" and then reboots the phone. I had to pull the battery to turn it off last night.

Edit: tried it again just now and "power off" worked correctly. Just a fluke?

Now I have a couple of questions: I thought Flash was available via Market but I'm not seeing it as an option. Should I just look for the .apk somewhere? Also, I'm not sure how/where to find the 2.1 SU application. I'm not having any problems yet in spite of multiple re-boots but would like to know in case it starts happening.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
I've had two issues so far; hoping to find a fix. First is that the market app always f/c's upon boot. I don't have any probs after that; just wondering why it's happening.

Second is that the "power off" option, when chosen, says "your phone will now reboot" and then reboots the phone. I had to pull the battery to turn it off last night.

Edit: tried it again just now and "power off" worked correctly. Just a fluke?

Now I have a couple of questions: I thought Flash was available via Market but I'm not seeing it as an option. Should I just look for the .apk somewhere? Also, I'm not sure how/where to find the 2.1 SU application. I'm not having any problems yet in spite of multiple re-boots but would like to know in case it starts happening.

Thanks!

This will fix your flash not showing up issue, and may fix your Market FC issues...go into Settings>Applications>Manage Applications...click the "All" tab at the top. Find the Market entry, tap on it and clear Data and Cache...restart Market and Flash should show up if you search for Adobe...I believe it's also at or near the top app under free apps.

If that doesn't fix Market FCs, then run Fix Permissions from ROM manager...

superuser 2.1 zip attached...apply from recovery.

Attachments

• Superuser-2.1-signed.zip
    33.7 KB · Views: 70
Reactions: magdelaine
Upvote 0
Is this better than Pete's v0.4?

Sort of like asking if chocolate is better than strawberry. (Duh, we all know that strawberry is best!) ;)

Up to you to decide...there are features in each that folks may find useful, and ROMs often behave differently on different Droids...the only way to know if you'll like it better is to try it.

I prefer CM6 over BB because CM6 is built from released Android source and its development is controlled from the bottom up by the Android developer community (rather than being dependent on OS leaks like BB), because it runs fast/stable on my droid, and because I like the extra features and tweaks they can build directly into the ROM (discussed already above in this thread). Nothing wrong w/BB ROMs...ran them off and on for quite a while before I moved over to CM ROMs.

Upvote 0
OK, got the market fixed, SU 2.1, etc. I installed Chevy's 1.2 Froyo kernel and everything is running fast and relatively smooth. Now to let things settle in...

LauncherPro animations moving from screen to screen are definitely jerky in appearance compared to Kangerade, and sometimes there is the slightest performance lag when I try to move a slider or the screens.

Also, I wanted to install chrome to phone, but apparently the market *must* be set for 2.1 apps because market tells me it can't find it, even when using the Google bar code to locate it. Or maybe something else is going on? I can't imaging that being a DRM app.

I'm sure this will get sorted out. It's nice to be back on CM!

Upvote 0
OK, got the market fixed, SU 2.1, etc. I installed Chevy's 1.2 Froyo kernel and everything is running fast and relatively smooth. Now to let things settle in...

LauncherPro animations moving from screen to screen are definitely jerky in appearance compared to Kangerade, and sometimes there is the slightest performance lag when I try to move a slider or the screens.

Also, I wanted to install chrome to phone, but apparently the market *must* be set for 2.1 apps because market tells me it can't find it, even when using the Google bar code to locate it. Or maybe something else is going on? I can't imaging that being a DRM app.

I'm sure this will get sorted out. It's nice to be back on CM!

did you try bgill's market fix? this makes the rom look like a 2.1 rom so the market apps all appear.

Upvote 0
I don't know why it didn't occur to me, but I tried using the bar code and when it didn't work I didn't think to use the download link for the .apk. *sigh*

I've now got it installed and working. :)

So, anyone else have issues with LauncherPro? It works but the animation's choppiness makes me dizzy. I'll try messing with its settings.

Upvote 0
I don't know why it didn't occur to me, but I tried using the bar code and when it didn't work I didn't think to use the download link for the .apk. *sigh*

I've now got it installed and working. :)

So, anyone else have issues with LauncherPro? It works but the animation's choppiness makes me dizzy. I'll try messing with its settings.

Exactly why I switched to ADW...I kinda miss launcher pro tho

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones