1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

CyanogenMod 6.0.0-RC1

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bp328i, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Papadroid

Papadroid Android Expert

Are you saying that this feature is now included in the ROM or is it still a seperate download?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mrthundercleese

mrthundercleese Well-Known Member

It's included in the ROM.

Papadroid likes this.
  3. DroidAddict

DroidAddict Newbie

Any issues with Nightlies? I look at them but haven't actually tried one. I assume that it's just a continuous build of the RC?

4. Redflea

Redflea Android Expert

I've been running the nightlies, they are built by a bot, and are not reviewed by humans, but I haven't had a significant issue yet. I always do a nandroid so I can roll back if I need to.

5. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Android Expert

How do you mean built by a bot???

6. htowngtr

htowngtr Well-Known Member

Is this better than Pete's v0.4?

7. magdelaine

magdelaine Android Enthusiast

I've had two issues so far; hoping to find a fix. First is that the market app always f/c's upon boot. I don't have any probs after that; just wondering why it's happening.

Second is that the "power off" option, when chosen, says "your phone will now reboot" and then reboots the phone. I had to pull the battery to turn it off last night.

Edit: tried it again just now and "power off" worked correctly. Just a fluke?

Now I have a couple of questions: I thought Flash was available via Market but I'm not seeing it as an option. Should I just look for the .apk somewhere? Also, I'm not sure how/where to find the 2.1 SU application. I'm not having any problems yet in spite of multiple re-boots but would like to know in case it starts happening.

Thanks!

8. tom108

tom108 Android Expert

you can download zedge from the market. this has free wallpaper and sounds. the droid sound shows up in there a couple times with a search. ;)

9. Papadroid

Papadroid Android Expert

To get the droid sound I just opened up a previous rom on my computer and went to the system/media/audio/notifications and copied it over to my phone.

10. Redflea

Redflea Android Expert

This will fix your flash not showing up issue, and may fix your Market FC issues...go into Settings>Applications>Manage Applications...click the "All" tab at the top. Find the Market entry, tap on it and clear Data and Cache...restart Market and Flash should show up if you search for Adobe...I believe it's also at or near the top app under free apps.

If that doesn't fix Market FCs, then run Fix Permissions from ROM manager...

superuser 2.1 zip attached...apply from recovery.

Attached Files:

magdelaine likes this.
  11. Redflea

Redflea Android Expert

As in robot...built automatically each evening, no human intervention.

12. Redflea

Redflea Android Expert

Sort of like asking if chocolate is better than strawberry. (Duh, we all know that strawberry is best!) ;)

Up to you to decide...there are features in each that folks may find useful, and ROMs often behave differently on different Droids...the only way to know if you'll like it better is to try it.

I prefer CM6 over BB because CM6 is built from released Android source and its development is controlled from the bottom up by the Android developer community (rather than being dependent on OS leaks like BB), because it runs fast/stable on my droid, and because I like the extra features and tweaks they can build directly into the ROM (discussed already above in this thread). Nothing wrong w/BB ROMs...ran them off and on for quite a while before I moved over to CM ROMs.

13. Papadroid

Papadroid Android Expert

Apparently being able to change the notifcation bar color is only in the nightlies and not in the regular ROM. Or at least I don't see it.

14. Redflea

Redflea Android Expert

That's correct...it is not in RC1.

I think it showed up first in the 7/15 nightly, and for sure is in the 7/16 nightly.

It will be in the next RC/release.

15. tom108

tom108 Android Expert

16. Papadroid

Papadroid Android Expert

17. magdelaine

OK, got the market fixed, SU 2.1, etc. I installed Chevy's 1.2 Froyo kernel and everything is running fast and relatively smooth. Now to let things settle in...

LauncherPro animations moving from screen to screen are definitely jerky in appearance compared to Kangerade, and sometimes there is the slightest performance lag when I try to move a slider or the screens.

Also, I wanted to install chrome to phone, but apparently the market *must* be set for 2.1 apps because market tells me it can't find it, even when using the Google bar code to locate it. Or maybe something else is going on? I can't imaging that being a DRM app.

I'm sure this will get sorted out. It's nice to be back on CM!

18. tom108

tom108 Android Expert

did you try bgill's market fix? this makes the rom look like a 2.1 rom so the market apps all appear.

19. Papadroid

Papadroid Android Expert

Except that Chrome 2 phone is a 2.2 app.

20. tom108

tom108 Android Expert

Rilquinn and magdelaine like this.
  21. BigMace23

BigMace23 Well-Known Member

Does anyone remember how many RC's there were for CM5? Just wanted to try and get a feel for when we might see an official release, and more themes!

22. gonzoguy24

A major rule for Cyanogenmod is to never ask for ETAs...just be happy when they come and I am sure they will come soon! :)

23. magdelaine

I don't know why it didn't occur to me, but I tried using the bar code and when it didn't work I didn't think to use the download link for the .apk. *sigh*

I've now got it installed and working. :)

So, anyone else have issues with LauncherPro? It works but the animation's choppiness makes me dizzy. I'll try messing with its settings.

24. gonzoguy24

Exactly why I switched to ADW...I kinda miss launcher pro tho

25. tom108

tom108 Android Expert

i have not had any problems with LP performance running at 1000mhz

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews