• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CyanogenMod 6.0.0-RC2

Poll closed due to new release for this ROM

• 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

Votes: 38 58.5%
  • 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters
Hey everyone, I got this ROM to install just fine once I disabled SetCPU's Set on Boot. Something has been weird with my Droid lately, I can only get about 8 hours of battery with CM6, whereas I could get somewhere around 18 with BB. I wonder if it has something to do with the Low Voltage kernel I had been using with BB. Has anyone tried any of the Bekit kernels with CM6 RC2? I want to install the 1ghz LV kernel but it says they are for use with Eclair. Any advice would be appreciated.

I have not loaded the Bekit kernel, but I can testify that the Chevyno1 1.1ghz 7 step ULV kernel seems to work just fine..

Upvote 0
Installed CM6 RC2 this morning and it works much better compared to RC1. Going to attempt and install a different kernel to see if that effects anything. I have had good luck with Chevy or P3 kernels, anyone else recommend another to try for this rom? Thanks

Tried P3 1.0ghz kernel and it slowed down the rom. Trying Chevy now.

Chevy works some what and on linpack im getting average 10 mflops. Im restoring to original kernel that came with the rom.

Upvote 0
I have not heard much positive on battery live with CM6 RC1 or RC2 at all.

While I certainly do very little to conserve battery, my experience with RC1 and RC2 is that they consume more power than do most if not all other ROMs. I don't change my consumption patterns at all regardless of what ROM I use, and my batteries deplete much faster with CyanogenMod.

However, this is only one of two disadvantages I've run into with Cyanogen.

The other drawback is that I cannot use the 3-D App Drawer option in LauncherPro without things being too unstable... not all apps will load; several, in fact are missing when I enable the 3-D option. As long as I disable the 3-D option, I can set the open speed for the drawer to 10 and all is well.

Upvote 0
Was the CM "render fx" widget part of RC1? Don't see the point of it, but thought it was kind of cool.

Supposedly the render fx can conserve battery life. The red one allegedly conserves ~50% compared to rendering full color. There was an article about it on boygenius or engadget a while ago.

One more question. I've seen lock screen music controls listed as a feature for CM6 RC2, but I can't figure out how to get them to show up. If I'm playing music and lock the phone, the lock screen looks as it always has, no music controls. Am I missing something?

The lockscreen music controls use your volume rocker to skip songs, etc. The lockscreen won't look any different.

[Edit:] Actually never noticed, but there is a play button underneath the unlock sliders. Not sure why yours don't show. Are you using a password/pin?

Is there a script to turn off ads?

Also I noticed stock superuser is slow to grant permission after turning the screen on. Does using the last version of SU fix it?

Edit:
Also, how does one delete apps like amazon mp3?
Look for jrummy's goodies; it has scripts for turning off ads and for removing apps.

Or: This link will show you how to remove apps, as well as a list of things you can safely remove:
Barebones - CyanogenMod Wiki
This list does not contain all the apps for the Droid, such as the car dock or corporate calendar.

Reactions: crazysoccerman14
Upvote 0
I think Chevy's kernels work flawlessly across the board on every ROM I've tried, and especially CynogenMod.

Of all the ROMs I've tried and loved, I love this one the most. So much so that I don't think I can upgrade to Droid *whatever* without being able to root and install CynogenMod immediately out of the box.

CynogenMod XX with Chevy's 1.1Ghz kernel and LauncherPro XX will stay on my Droid-1 for as long as it takes, and I will be happy with that. :)

Upvote 0
I've got this installed and everything is working well. I miss being able to change my fonts as I did in Jrummy's Kangerade.

The big issue though is that I can't get Pure Calendar Widget back on. I use this a lot, but it is not showing up in the market for me. I emailed the developer and he said I needed to contact google or the developer of the ROM.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Upvote 0
While I certainly do very little to conserve battery, my experience with RC1 and RC2 is that they consume more power than do most if not all other ROMs. I don't change my consumption patterns at all regardless of what ROM I use, and my batteries deplete much faster with CyanogenMod.

I too dont do much to conserve on battery..

Have you tried a different kernel? I am running a Chevyno1 ULV 1.1 GHZ kernel and it seems to be just fine on battery life..

Just a thought

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones