• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cyanogenmod 6.1 Final released this morn

Let us know how you like it

Thanks. I may try that if I can override that mouse theme somehow and just choose my own wallpapper and stuff. Would I need to wipe everything since that is based off of the CM6 final release or just wipe dalvik and cache?

Reactions: Fenga Papit
Upvote 0
I don't believe you need to wipe data, cache and davlik cache should be fine. Nandroid of course;) If I remember right, your phone can handle 768, so no need to flash the 691 kernel. The new market is there also, so you could flash that too. If you want the Gingerbread keyboard, that's there also
Sounds good! :cool: Yes, my phone can handle 768 without issues, so I'll flash the other kernel. That Gingerbread keyboard looks pretty neat!

Let us know how you like it
I will, but I may try the AOSP ROM first when I get a chance today to flash a new ROM with a full wipe and set it up properly. Might be nice to see a new ROM even though I have been really happy with CM6 overall for some time now. Probably the longest I have kept one ROM on my phone since rooting.

But I'm serious. If that file screws up my computer I'm going to sign you up for the NAMBLA newsletter. :D

Upvote 0
Sounds good! :cool: Yes, my phone can handle 768 without issues, so I'll flash the other kernel. That Gingerbread keyboard looks pretty neat!

I will, but I may try the AOSP ROM first when I get a chance today to flash a new ROM with a full wipe and set it up properly. Might be nice to see a new ROM even though I have been really happy with CM6 overall for some time now. Probably the longest I have kept one ROM on my phone since rooting.

But I'm serious. If that file screws up my computer I'm going to sign you up for the NAMBLA newsletter. :D

Not much different than CM6, still an AOSP rom. Just faster with less customizations. Be aware of aosp, stock launcher by default. LauncherPro or ADW a nice alternative. I would install launcher first, imo;)

Upvote 0
I will try that tomorrow night and see, I will give it a shot, but for some reason I have no luck with CM 6 Roms, I do not know why, the first one I flash months back worked fine but lately no go, I was curious for the Mau5 rom just to see how it looked like then no sooner did I start setting Google up bam reboot and got stuck on the CM splash screen

I would flash the rom first then reboot, then boot to recovery and flash the gapps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones