• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CyanogenMod-6 for Hero V6.0.0 - RC1

Did anyone experience SMALL lag and slower data speeds before applying the overclock zips and JIT? I'm thinking of getting the overclock zip to see if it may change my situation. I'm getting a little lag but also my signal indicator doesn't go up about 2 bars even tho I know I'm in an area where I get full signal. Also when I did a speed test with RC1, my data speeds are terrible, getting only .300+ kbps DL speed...

Upvote 0
One problem I'm having is with Swype. It works fine, but when I shut the phone down and reboot, Swype is disabled. I have to go into the keyboard settings and re-enable Swype every time I restart the phone. Anyone else have this happen?

I'm not using Swype but my wife uses it. She's running cSrOm and the same thing happens to her. The way I tell her to fix it is, long press on text and wait till you see the input method, hit android keyboard. Let it reset and wait til keyboard pops up and then long press, input method and press on Swype. Maybe a little easier

Upvote 0
Reactions: ROB281
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
So last night I flashed the vvm zip, and this morning I turned the wifi on quick to check my email (I don't have good service at my house...) then left for work and tried to turn the mobile network on and it would not connect. I had to run a nandroid restore to get the mobile network running. I tried airplane mode and all the other tricks I've read about... nothing worked to get the data connection going. I was highly confuzzled. Anyone else experience this?

<EDIT>

So I was an idiot, and apparently should wait until I am fully awake in the am before messing with my phone... The Wifi was on and I didn't turn it off before I tried to enable the mobile network. Sooooo, problem solved.

Upvote 0
I'm not using Swype but my wife uses it. She's running cSrOm and the same thing happens to her. The way I tell her to fix it is, long press on text and wait till you see the input method, hit android keyboard. Let it reset and wait til keyboard pops up and then long press, input method and press on Swype. Maybe a little easier

Thanks, but the problem was that it didn't even show up as an input method choice. I'd have to keep going back to Settings to enable it and then long press on an empty text field. Fixed it by moving the app to the phone instead of SD. But thanks!

Reactions: andygu3
Upvote 0
Question for those running CM6: It is Sense-less, right? Have you tried running wireless tether with WEP encryption?

It seems the wireless tether developers think it is Sense that is preventing WEP from working with wireless tether on HTC phones:

Why does WEP-encryption not work on my phone?
Wireless interfaces of almost all HTC-devices which are sold by HTC (these devices are coming with the so called "Sense" user interface) don't seem to support WEP-encryption in ad-hoc mode. We developers don't have such devices available for testing. So, if you have found any solution regarding this problem - please let us know.

Upvote 0
Question for those running CM6: It is Sense-less, right? Have you tried running wireless tether with WEP encryption?

It seems the wireless tether developers think it is Sense that is preventing WEP from working with wireless tether on HTC phones:

Why does WEP-encryption not work on my phone?
Wireless interfaces of almost all HTC-devices which are sold by HTC (these devices are coming with the so called "Sense" user interface) don't seem to support WEP-encryption in ad-hoc mode. We developers don't have such devices available for testing. So, if you have found any solution regarding this problem - please let us know.

It is an AOSP rom, no sense

I have not tried wireless tether, do you have the stock kernal with RC 1 or did you flash the uncapped?

Upvote 0
It is an AOSP rom, no sense
Yeah, that's why I'm thinking that WEP might work.
I have not tried wireless tether, do you have the stock kernal with RC 1 or did you flash the uncapped?
Neither. I'm running Fresh 2.3.3. I've been waiting for CM6 to become closer to final before flashing it. But if WEP works on CM6, that might be a reason to take the plunge now.

Upvote 0
I will try it out, what do you want me to look for exactly?
Thanks. Launch wireless tether, enable WEP, enter a passphrase, and then turn on tether, and see if you can connect to it with a computer and surf the web.

If I do the above without enabling WEP, it works fine. But when I turn on WEP, I never get prompted to enter the passphrase, there is no notification of a client connecting to the phone, and I'm unable to surf the web.

Upvote 0
Thanks. Launch wireless tether, enable WEP, enter a passphrase, and then turn on tether, and see if you can connect to it with a computer and surf the web.

If I do the above without enabling WEP, it works fine. But when I turn on WEP, I never get prompted to enter the passphrase, there is no notification of a client connecting to the phone, and I'm unable to surf the web.

Looks like everything good, fine here:)

Reactions: wrench
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones