• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CyanogenMod-6 for Hero V6.0.0 - RC1

What happened with google voice? I can't live without it especially with AOSP roms, too convenient for me

I always get an error message when I try to forward my voicemails to GV. I do everything I'm supposed to, I have had a few people in the know walk me through, in case I was doing something wrong, but it never works correctly. It is ok, I actually really like the Sprint VVM app. It is simple and effective for my needs.

Upvote 0
Can you only use the battery tweak with the RC1 ROM? or can you use it with the Nightlys as well? I been trying to overclock on the nightlys past 697 (w/e the number is) to 768 but when I check OS Monitor is always tells me that my max range is 697. (I'm overclocking thru the terminal as the battery tweak instructions stated)

Upvote 0
Can you only use the battery tweak with the RC1 ROM? or can you use it with the Nightlys as well? I been trying to overclock on the nightlys past 697 (w/e the number is) to 768 but when I check OS Monitor is always tells me that my max range is 697. (I'm overclocking thru the terminal as the battery tweak instructions stated)

I don't know about you, but I am having issues with the RC1 ROM and battery tweak. It causes my phone to reboot and then get stuck in reboot. I have to nandroid back to just regular RC1 with the uncapped kernel.

Upvote 0
I don't know about you, but I am having issues with the RC1 ROM and battery tweak. It causes my phone to reboot and then get stuck in reboot. I have to nandroid back to just regular RC1 with the uncapped kernel.

Thanks for the response, I think I'm going to just stick with the Nightlys, been getting better every night, I wanted a little more speed out of it and I think just using launcher pro as opposed to ADW will solve the small speed dilemna.

Upvote 0
anyone else having overall phone lag issues with the Cm6 RC1 rom? i had to revert back DD v2.8. because i couldn't stand the lag associated with that rom.

No, never had any lag with the RC1, I would try a nightly though (any nightly passed 816) with the uncapped kernal from Decadance (8/16 uncapped kernal)

Upvote 0
So I was messing with the phone today to try to get rid of the dialer beeps and stumbled across "Blacklist". I have noticed that even though I have some contacts going straight to VM, they sometimes ring first.

Does the Blacklist prevent them from actually leaving a VM? Also does it prevent it from ringing in the first place? A side note: I have yet to find the setting to rid myself of the dialer beeps.

Edit: Found and removed the dialer beeps

Upvote 0
The one problem I have with this version (other then having to pay for new themes) is I can't get the notification LED light to change from green to blue. It's a small complaint on my end and doesn't really affect how much I love this rom, but I was wondering if anyone else had that problem.

Only orange and green can be the colors of the LED

Upvote 0
Other than the gallery quirk (not really an issue for me) this is the BEST ROM I've ever used. I was reluctant to move over from ZenEXP and had been waiting for the new "completed" Zen ROM with functioning Gmail. If it had come out sooner, I may have stuck with that, but this CM6 is sickening! It's fast, it's stable, it's easy on the battery, and some of the added functionality (batch select in stock e-mail app, combined Inbox, improved calendar, move Apps to SD Card, 3D gallery and new camera) is so much better I'm wondering how I ever functioned before.

I'm just along for the ride at this point, to see what added goodies may await us next. I don't really mind that we aren't getting Flash 10.1 anymore. I've gotten used to living without it, so it's fine by me. May just start using Skyfire when I need to view a Flash video and the stock app doesn't work.

Upvote 0
I flashed my sprint hero and put on cyanogenrom 6.0.0 RC1, but the default dictionary is no longer there for auto-correct purposes. I think its just not included in the rom but im new and stupid.

Is there any way to add this manually or anything like it? (Im not talking about the user custom dictionary, that would take forever to populate)

Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones