• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cyanogenmod 7.0.0 stock kernel?

pdxquilmes

Lurker
Apr 14, 2011
Hey gang,
I flashed my phone to Cyanogenmod 7.0.0 a couple months back I was getting excellent battery life with the kernel that came with the rom. I recently flashed to 7.0.3.1 because I was having calendar sync issues and I've seen a significant hit to my battery life. I've tried tiamat 3.3.7 and 3.3.8 CFS, and I'm currently running SavagedZen 2.1.0 CFS HAVS, but the battery life hasn't been the same. I was wondering if I can just grab the stock kernel that came with 7.0.0 or if anyone has any recommendations on what governor to run/ideas to improve my battery.

Thanks in advance!

well unfortunately kernels will react differently on different phones but i love tiamat sbc kernels. i am currently on 4.0.1 but the new one just came out so i am going to flash that in a bit. as far as governors go i use smartass. i am currently sitting at 70% on 10 hrs off charge.

as far as the cm7 stock kernel goes, i have no idea where you can pull the kernel out from. maybe try posting over on cm's forum and see if someone has it. here is the forum if you need it:HTC Evo - CyanogenMod Forum

Upvote 0
well unfortunately kernels will react differently on different phones but i love tiamat sbc kernels. i am currently on 4.0.1 but the new one just came out so i am going to flash that in a bit. as far as governors go i use smartass. i am currently sitting at 70% on 10 hrs off charge.

as far as the cm7 stock kernel goes, i have no idea where you can pull the kernel out from. maybe try posting over on cm's forum and see if someone has it. here is the forum if you need it:HTC Evo - CyanogenMod Forum

10 hours?! Color me jealous. I just flashed to tiamat 4.0.2, but not the SBC....I may have to make that jump if this doesn't work for me!

Upvote 0
10 hours?! Color me jealous. I just flashed to tiamat 4.0.2, but not the SBC....I may have to make that jump if this doesn't work for me!

Not to toot my Evo's horn over here but I'm currently sitting on 1 day 1 hour and 41 min. w/ 82% left. I've checked my email a few times, checked android forum, made about 10-15 voice calls, and sent about 10 texts....I'm using the latest SavagedZen kernel no sbc btw and have a stock battery.

Upvote 0
Hey gang,
I flashed my phone to Cyanogenmod 7.0.0 a couple months back I was getting excellent battery life with the kernel that came with the rom. I recently flashed to 7.0.3.1 because I was having calendar sync issues and I've seen a significant hit to my battery life. I've tried tiamat 3.3.7 and 3.3.8 CFS, and I'm currently running SavagedZen 2.1.0 CFS HAVS, but the battery life hasn't been the same. I was wondering if I can just grab the stock kernel that came with 7.0.0 or if anyone has any recommendations on what governor to run/ideas to improve my battery.

Thanks in advance!

2 ways to get the stock kernel back

First way is to use Kernel Manager Lite from the android market. Download KM from the market. Open the application and the first you want to do is press menu, advanced options, UNCHECK flash kernel. This will insure that you don't use the app to flash the kernel. FYI, always flash manually;) Then go to Cyanogenmod kernel and download the kernel.

Then boot to recovery
Wipe cache and Dalvik cache
Go to install zip from sd card
Go to kernel/manager
Flash the cyanogenmod stock kernel
Reboot phone

Second way is to reflash the CM build that you are on. If you are on the stable build, reflash the build and this will give you the stock kernel again.

Boot to recovery
Wipe cache and Dalvik cache
Flash CM build
Reboot phone

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones