• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cyanogenmod-7.0.1-alpha10

cyberbob25

Feb 16, 2009
I just recently picked up a Sensation. I've wanted it for a long while, but the price has finally come down to where I can afford it.

I cannot however live without Cyanogenmod. Looking on his site, I see that there is no stable release, and alpha 10 has been out for quite awhile now without any new releases. I also can find no nightlies. I'm also having difficulty finding known bugs with the alpha 10 release.

Anybody here running this release? What are the known bugs? Is all hardware functional (camera, et all)?

Thanks for any help. I'm hesitant to go S-OFF until I know that I can live with one of the rooted ROMs available, as I can still return this device and go with a galaxy IIs (though would rather not).

My Sensation 4G has no complaints with CM7. I've been using it for a month and change with only minor issues - for instance, the News & Weather application is particularly finicky, but it *had* worked at one point on alpha10, so I'm leaning more towards some other conflict causing that failure.

Aside from the FM radio app, all hardware works fine. I'd call it stable enough for day-to-day.

Reactions: cyberbob25
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones