1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Cyanogenmod 7: Clockwork Recovery 3.0.0.5 Downgrading HELP.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Gravitron, May 24, 2011.

1. Gravitron

Gravitron Member

I would like to flash to Icarus mod, just to try it. And when I try this using clockwork recovery, it says that I need to update edify. Tried flashing recovery to amon-ra using volume up + end + power, but it says Update Failed. Anyone know a way to downgrade clockwork recovery to 2.5 or Amon-Ra?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BlastGT1

BlastGT1 Android Enthusiast

Downgrading to CWM 2.5.1.8 is done the same way as originally installing it. You'll need the files, start the phone in Fastboot, run the proper recovery file after plugging in to USB, and you're done. I actually had to do this myself when CWM 3.0.0.5 stopped letting me boot into recovery, and it worked perfectly to go back.

3. Gravitron

Gravitron Member

Tried that, but when I checked the version, it was still 3.0.0.5.

4. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Extreme Android User

it say that in CWM or rom manager?

To flash CWM via fastboot you have to power the phone off, then press END, VOL DOWN, POWER to boot into fastboot. Then you connect the USB cable, go into the recovery dir you downloaded and unzipped for the version of CWM u wish to flash, and then run (dbl click the .bat file) the windows-install file (or which ever OS you run). You should get a cmd prompt screen popup for only a few seconds, and then your done. Pull the battery to power off, put battery back in, start phone as normal, or SEND, VOL UP, POWER to boot into CWM. CWM will tell u the true version you are running. If CWM is black n green then you have 2.5.1.8, if its orange and black its 3+.

5. Gravitron

Gravitron Member

CWM: Tried what you many times earlier, but it continues to say 3.0.0.5 with orange text.

ROM Manager: Try to play with clockwork settings like manual flash override>Huawei Ascend> 2.xxx. Still doesn't work, and the "flash other recovery" thing is un-selectable. Also, the bottom option gives 2 versions to choose from: 3.0.0.4 and 3.0.0.5

6. Named101

Named101 Member

Try volume down end power ur ascend should be stuck on he huawei logo plug USB then run fastboot according to your os then run recovery according to your os remove battery when done replace battery holding volume up send key and power. Try it that's how I did mines.

7. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Extreme Android User

are you looking in rom manager abd see 3xxxx, if so it will show diff if you manually boot into recovery...try this: CWM 2.5.1.8.rar

8. Gravitron

Gravitron Member

Only see 3.xxx when I use manual flash override option. I noticed in the clockwork folder, there's another folder with a file called recovery-clockwork-3.0.0.5-ascend. Should I change it to 2.5.1.8?

9. nuttmeg

in the folder i posted the link for, there no 3xxxx in it. just fastboot phone and run fastboot-wondows and run install-recovery-windows.bat, it is the 2xxxx. :cool:

10. Gravitron

Gravitron Member

I meant I saw it in the clockwork folder on my sd card. Tried this and still doesn't work

11. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Extreme Android User

thats were Rom Manager downloaded it to install it.

12. nuttmeg

i just left from 3.0.0.5 down to 2xxxx, works for me on my end, but did you mainly boot into cwm recovery and see if the 2xxxx was installed?

edit: just confirm this on other phone also, was on 3.0.0.5 and now on 2.5.1.8

when you put the phone in fastboot mode did you extract the 2xxxx to desktop and run fastboot-windows first and than run install-recovery-windows?

13. Gravitron

Gravitron Member

No, installed it from winzip without extracting, then disconnected phone.

14. nuttmeg

bad idea, and might be the reason why its not working, extract it first than install it...

15. Gravitron

Gravitron Member

Nope, still doesn't work. Should copy my files from my sd card then format?

16. nuttmeg

you put your phone in fastboot mode right and tried installing it. open the folder cwm 2.5.1.8 and ran both files in order, than pull the battery and press and hold vol up, call key, and tap power?

17. Gravitron

Gravitron Member

18. nuttmeg

you on stock or what...i also delete rom manager, and make sure usb debbugging is on.

19. Gravitron

Gravitron Member

Using CM7 USB Debugging on

20. nuttmeg

21. Gravitron

Gravitron Member

Using Cricket service

22. nuttmeg

you can revert back to stock and than you can install 2.5.1.8, but theres really nothing that your missing on icarus, but try it out you might like it, well i like it also until a got my hands on cm7...:p

23. Gravitron

Gravitron Member

Okay I'll try this. Soon as my phone finishes charging.

24. Gravitron

Gravitron Member

How do I flash back to stock ROM if clockwork doesn't work.

25. nuttmeg

easier way to restore would be the fastboot method and also that way you know everything is back on there from out of box state.

Force Update Method
    (Recommendation : When the OS of handsets could not start up successfully)
    Download the Following Package:
    Cricket Stock Recovery Package
    d97ed410ffa518c689e2444d21007daa M860V100R001C153B251SP03.zip

1) Copy "dload" folder to SD card
    2) Switch off the handset ,then press "Volume Control Upper Key +End Key+ Power Key"
    3) Showing successful
    4) Remove battery one second ,then power on ,waiting till the os start up

Normal Update Method

Download the Following Package:
    Cricket Stock Recovery Package
    d97ed410ffa518c689e2444d21007daa M860V100R001C153B251SP03.zip

1) Copy "dload" folder to SD card
    2) Settings--SD card & Phone storage--Software Upgrade