1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

CyanogenMod 7 Unofficial Beta 5 02/20/12

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hroark13, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Hroark13 is the man! Thank you for all you have done and everything you will do in the future!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dbaker1009

dbaker1009 Lurker

ok, my google apps is just not taking to my phone. I'm running samsung prevail of course, and i've tried all flashing methods. I love the rom but it's worthless without google syncing into it.. someone please help!!!

3. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

Did you factory reset before flashing the zip?

4. PumaSpeed

PumaSpeed Newbie

Just a quick note, don't know if it's my luck or what :D but I flashed CM7 to my phone after using the FA19 CWM stock restore, and it's running fine. So does this mean it's ok to use it on the FA19? or is it just a pure luck chance that it did? Or did I miss reading something somewhere? lol

@Hroark13 - Thanks for an awesome port of CM7!
    Also many thanx to those who contributed to it as well!

5. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Extreme Android User

You can run CM7 on FA19 .

6. DaisFlaque

DaisFlaque Android Expert

Seriously go to EJ06... I had run into tremendous problems with the way it connects to wifi or towers. It ran good for awhile until I tried to download a picture message. Lotsa data problems on FA19.
    PS. Good morning wet...lols

7. wetbiker7

LOL Wassup ? No doubt on the FA19 issues . It will work on CM7 but radio and signal problems vary from user to user when using FA19 . I'm running EJ06 . After running FA19 for a bit , you couldn't get me to touch it with a 10 ft pole now . :D

PumaSpeed and DaisFlaque like this.
  8. DaisFlaque

DaisFlaque Android Expert

HAHAHAHAHA yeah me too, I am only making a backup of the FA19, just in case... but yeah ten foot pole here too.
    Hey I got a question... I have rooted several phones now... how do I put those under my forum name? also how do I become a member or higher??
    Just noticed that I am not JR member now wtf??

9. wetbiker7

First , go to your profile page and click the About Me tab . You can edit your info there . LMAO .... have you checked yet ?? You are a member now , It just takes time . It took 4ever 4 me to become a Senior member. You can also pay to become a Premium Member .

10. PumaSpeed

PumaSpeed Newbie

Thankx WetBiker7, and DaisFlaque

Yea I noticed signal problems with FA19 but figured it was Sprint's towers since it happens around here. LOL Friend was without signal for 2 weeks, whilst I was on Veri$on and had signal.

11. Pioshinon

Pioshinon Lurker

I clicked the "Thanks" link on Hroark's original post, but I'd also like to say it. Thank you to everybody that helped with this project, from developing the code to writing the walk-through. This is my first experience with modding, and it was easier than setting up the phone at first boot when i got it.

12. wetbiker7

No doubt . There are a lot of great/helpful people in here. With the instructions on the setup and the helpful posts , it couldn't get much easier . :)

13. J6Remy

J6Remy Android Enthusiast

(To Hroark13) Since I was not able to send a PM..

Sir,
    I really appreciate the donation. It meant and still means a lot. You've given a lot to this community and because of your hard work, many have stuck around. Including me. You along with others have taken a device that was never suppose to be what it is now, and created what seems to be a virtual family for myself. I am very grateful for it. Without you, Bloodawn, Kouma, and many others, I would be waiting for ETA's on mods and whatnot instead of attempting to do things myself.

With this I thank you..

14. hroark13

hroark13 Android Expert
    Recognized Developer Thread Starter

no problem

yeah my mailbox is full, I think I am gonna leave it that way for a while, I am getting a lot of people PMing me and asking questions that should be asked in the forums, and are most likely already are.

I am sorry to hear about your mother, and I hope you get through this rough time as smoothly as possible.

vAc

J6Remy and CrystalCin813 like this.
  15. CrystalCin813

CrystalCin813 Lurker

This link doesn't work, I was going to try that out for you!

16. ninjarabbit

ninjarabbit Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say that I'm still lovin CM7... :)...

17. rm50

rm50 Well-Known Member

18. johnny424

johnny424 Android Expert

19. wetbiker7

Me 4 . I run both CM7 and CTMod. I've got the best of both worlds. :D

20. rm50

rm50 Well-Known Member

I have been messing around with widget locker there is a crapload of widgets over at xda that you can use for the lock screen for cm 7. And the themes over there are endless for cm7

21. CrystalCin813

CrystalCin813 Lurker

Hroark13, way to go!! CM7beta5 is soooo awesome! Your tweaked cm7 is the second time I have flashed a new rom with Odin. My first one was Shabbymod .9, I was excited about that one, too, but immediately your mod felt lighter and faster. There was a couple force closes in, the settings for wi-fi hotspot and when I had the camera open checking out it's options,it fc a couple times when i touched an option, and under the cm mod settings system settimgs every setting force closed, but it's nothing too bad! Kudos to you!! I really appreciate your effort and dedication to give the Prevail it's moment to shine! I get paid in a couple days and I will donate :) I flashed over the updated FA19 Gingerbread and I didn't flash any hot fixes, I wanted to see if i need them or not. It was very awesome how quite a few of you put your efforts together to make this happen. But you have definitely given ME more than just an awesome phone you gave me a big smile. Cuz pink is my favorite color and now the screen of my phone stays pink! I could go on about how much I love it, I have wanted a cyanogen mod simce I bought my Optimus 18 months ago, but I didn't know how easy it is to flash rom's then, either. So Shout Out to you, Shabby, and definitely the cyanogen mod, and to everyone that tested. Had I not stayed out of the forums so long, I could've tested for you, too, but I missed out. I will give you feedback on your updates, though. You all keep it up! You ROCK!

22. hroark13

hroark13 Android Expert
    Recognized Developer Thread Starter

Thank you

You may also want to check out CTMOD it is very good ROM

There a lot of fixes for CM7 that others have come out with to fix some of the issues in CM7

When I have some more time maybe I will make a ROM that includes all those fixes (although I wish someone else would do it for me) or make a list of all the fixes I need to include

A lot has changed for the Prevail, since you first installed ShabbyMod

we now have kernel source code, Over Clocked kernels, ClockWorkMOD, CM7, CM9 / MIUS alpha ROMS, no more CIQ, CTMOD, and much more

BUT THE BEST THING IS

The people, there are a lot of awesome people in the Prevail Forum, that are wiling to help others, and contribute to the community

23. olicious370

olicious370 Newbie

Hey Hroark

A friend of mine and I are working on a ROM port for the prevail.......was wondering if you mind if we use the CM7 beta 5 as base? Of course all credits will be given in ROM!! Thanks for all you have done for this phone so far!!!

24. wetbiker7

Just started on this one and haven't even flashed a theme yet. I kinda like the way it looks right now though.:D Notice the status bar.;)

[​IMG]

Samsung Galaxy Prevail Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Prevail release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 2MP camera, GB RAM, MSM7627-3 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews