• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CyanogenMod 7 Unofficial Beta 5 02/20/12

can you explain why you are using these, what exactly they are doing to the phone, and if you are actually benefiting from it.

From v2d i was using these and they did make my phone work more smoothly, the scrolling and opening of apps, but in your latest v35 they havent done much. I was getting fc on the launcher sometimes in v2 but adwlauncher ex and the v6 with its die-hard launcher stopped that.

Upvote 0
The problem is people who want to run CyanogenMod on their phone are the people who want to tweak settings and do mods and push their phone to the limit.

I completely understand, I am one of those types of people myself. That is why I do this stuff.

The thing with these scripts, they change certain values, and can help or hurt the phones operation, I am the type of person that wants to know what the script is doing, and do we need a script to do it, maybe it is just a few changes in the prop file.

I am not mad or anything, I just want to get this finished.

Upvote 0
can you explain why you are using these, what exactly they are doing to the phone, and if you are actually benefiting from it.

i have used v6 supercharger in the past its supposed to rearrange and optimize OOM groupings so that the low memorykiller could work the way you want it but i didnt notice any significant change in performance.

Upvote 0
i have used v6turbocharger in the past its supposed to rearrange and optimize OOM groupings so that the low memorykiller could work the way you want it but i didnt notice any significant change in performance.

I am all for making this ROM as fast as possible

I would rather make changes in the init.rc files or the prop files, and maybe even init.d scripts

I will take suggestions, research them and test them.

Upvote 0
I am all for making this ROM as fast as possible

I would rather make changes in the init.rc files or the prop files, and maybe even init.d scripts

I will take suggestions, research them and test them.

will do. i would recommend you add this line to the build.prop

debug.performance.tuning=1

it helps to improve touch responsiveness tested and works very well.

Upvote 0
will do. i would recommend you add this line to the build.prop

it helps to improve touch responsiveness tested and works very well.

I have been wanting to change a few things in my build.prop. If you guys want, i could test some of those things for you guys. Im a computer tech so im almost always infront of a computer with internet access and could keep you updated with these

Upvote 0
I have been wanting to change a few things in my build.prop. If you guys want, i could test some of those things for you guys. Im a computer tech so im almost always infront of a computer with internet access and could keep you updated with these
add these two lines

windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=160

should help responsiveness

Upvote 0
i can safely say the v6 supercharger and kak does not do nothing but cause problems, i did enough testing on that subject. From what i seen it really didnt make a difference in the speed and it gave backup problems and problems to s2e as well. this rom is fast as it is plus you can always add to the build prop for more speed. hroark i didnt use the file you made for the mount because after testing i came to the conclusion that the v6 and kak is useless and give me a headache plus cwm and s2e works as it should without it. im still testing your rom out but i can say you are closer than you think at finishing this. Thumbs up dude!

Upvote 0
The problem is people who want to run CyanogenMod on their phone are the people who want to tweak settings and do mods and push their phone to the limit.

I completely understand, I am one of those types of people myself. That is why I do this stuff.

The thing with these scripts, they change certain values, and can help or hurt the phones operation, I am the type of person that wants to know what the script is doing, and do we need a script to do it, maybe it is just a few changes in the prop file.

I am not mad or anything, I just want to get this finished.
I'm with you on that too man. Alot of times ill lurk cuz we get off topic of fixing hardware and direct ROM issues. That is my desire. To help get this rom finished. Then ill worry about tweaks and such.

Sorry I. Didn't return replies last night. Got tied up with the kids.

I did flash cm7 fresh.
Then hf2
Then cleanup and fix permissions.
So far everything seems good. I did noticed that I had to toggle wifi after adding my network. But since I have added two more networks and no toggle.
gps works like stock with maps and telenav. All my settings stick just fine. No problems there. I see all my apps in the market like v2d. No force closes. I can and have done a nandroid backup and formatted my sdext without any problems there either. Haven't tested sound yet so I'm gonna do that now. Ill post back with results

Upvote 0
i figured it out hroark,but thanks for you fast response anyway but i do have a question what scripts have you used to make the phone go fast? i notice it going 1900+ every time in quadrant. i really like this rom but its just not quite ready for me to use yet i dont think anyway i will have to play with it some more but im tryin to build my custom rom so a pint in the right direction would be appreciated:) btw i already know about v6 supercharge script any more besides ram optimization? and if it helps im trying my own custom version of ct mod 2.3 i can tweak it to 1303 (average) but i would like to get to at least 1500 in the quadrant and anther question does the launcher have anything to do with the benchmark results or is it just a visual appeal such as smoothness?

Upvote 0
i figured it out hroark,but thanks for you fast response anyway but i do have a question what scripts have you used to make the phone go fast? i notice it going 1900+ every time in quadrant. i really like this rom but its just not quite ready for me to use yet i dont think anyway i will have to play with it some more but im tryin to build my custom rom so a pint in the right direction would be appreciated:) btw i already know about v6 supercharge script any more besides ram optimization?

dude we just stated that v6 and kak scripts are going to cause you problems

Upvote 0
dude we just stated that v6 and kak scripts are going to cause you problems

i kno i was just putting down what i have to be thorough:cool:

oh also ther is a small bug in the system when i flashed the ultra blue theme quadrant didnt work anymore

oh and could you tell me how to get the original haptic feedback click and vibrate i really liked those and if u cant can u tell me where they are at in the rom so i can manually replace them?
thanx

and also does this romsupport basic modern day phone features sms/mms/call fowarding/stuff like that?

Upvote 0
i figured it out hroark,but thanks for you fast response anyway but i do have a question what scripts have you used to make the phone go fast? i notice it going 1900+ every time in quadrant. i really like this rom but its just not quite ready for me to use yet i dont think anyway i will have to play with it some more but im tryin to build my custom rom so a pint in the right direction would be appreciated:) btw i already know about v6 supercharge script any more besides ram optimization? and if it helps im trying my own custom version of ct mod 2.3 i can tweak it to 1303 (average) but i would like to get to at least 1500 in the quadrant and anther question does the launcher have anything to do with the benchmark results or is it just a visual appeal such as smoothness?

Well one thing about this ROM is I removed the RFS modules from the kernel, I figured since we will only be using ext4 we dont need them

rfs_fat.ko is 2.7 MB
rfs_glue.ko is 1.2 MB
dhd.ko (WIFI) is moved out of the kernel into the /system/lib folder

the 3 above files load from the kernel initramfs in the stock based roms and use up memory

Upvote 0
Well one thing about this ROM is I removed the RFS modules from the kernel, I figured since we will only be using ext4 we dont need them

rfs_fat.ko is 2.7 MB
rfs_glue.ko is 1.2 MB
dhd.ko (WIFI) is moved out of the kernel into the /system/lib folder

the 3 above files load from the kernel initramfs in the stock based roms and use up memory

thanks i really appreciate your help but does you rom still have the basic phone features?

Upvote 0

the reason cm7.1 benchmarks better is cause its based on 2.3.7, ctmod is 2.3.5

Upvote 0
WOW! Incredible amount of work (and teamwork) has gone into this. Got files downloaded, printed out instructions to PDF. Will give it a shot on Friday when I have a long weekend. Need the phone for work, until then. This phone is my only internet, so have to make sure that I got my ducks in a row or I will be having to drive to Krystal with my laptop to read the forum!

Of course, probably a few changes will be made before Friday, but I will check before I do the install.

Upvote 0
It seems that every step we take foward we get knocked back 3 steps and we are not making progress.

I am starting to lose my desire to work on this thing.

I have a hard time telling what is causing these problems, if it is a problem with the ROM itself or with something that someone has added or installed.

If anyone brings up any new issues I want you to list what your configuration is, and what process you went threw to install the ROM and hot fixes

If you are installing 3G and RAM optimizing scripts, or apps that change the way the phone works, then your are not testing the ROM, you are testing your MODS

As far as external storage, yes we need a solution I prefer S2E but if it is causing issues we need to use something else. We need to get the process down for how to create the partition, what size it should be, and how the app can be configured. But I wanted this thread to be about fixing CM and not external storage.

Most of the posts in this thread are about things added to the ROM and not fixing the ROM itself.

Being that your are testing a beta, you should be giving your current config, If your current config has not changed since the last time you posted it, just point to the post that lists it. You should also be explaining how I can reproduce this issue on my phone.

I feel your gref most people don't know how to use the search button I would edit the first post and state the issues in big bright letters clearing up what's going on here and also stateing that if u don't have time to read then I don't have time to help you this is a vary good project but hard as **** so I get where your comeing from

Summary reports should go like this

Mod:cm7
Version: 3.5
HF: 2
Fresh install yes/no
state mentioned
Problem goes here plus how to remake the problem

But that's just what I would do

Upvote 0
I have the CM7 35 and I cannot get Ultra Blue theme to work on it I have a fresh install no apps added yet it just keeps getting stuck on the bootanimation screen.If someone can point me in the right direction that would be great.

As far as I'm concern it does not work on here I believe ctmod it will if u want a blue theme u can go to the market and type in honeycomb 3d its nice and fast I use it all the time

Upvote 0
I have the CM7 35 and I cannot get Ultra Blue theme to work on it I have a fresh install no apps added yet it just keeps getting stuck on the bootanimation screen.If someone can point me in the right direction that would be great.

don't use ultra blue with 3.5

I haven't updated it and i probably wont for a while cause almost every rom update breaks it

Upvote 0
Sorry to go backwards but I notice I can't send picture mail. Will hotfix 2 fix it? And if so where is linking can't find it in this long ass thread. Currently running cm7 3.5 with 3g Turbo and kick a kernel ands2e hotfix 1. Thanks

If u read the first 4 posts then you would of found it b4 typeing this

Also on hf2 with a clean fresh install of cm73.5
It works well with me don't use mods or scripts u will only hurt your phone on beta testing

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones