• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CyanogenMod 7 Unofficial Beta 5 02/20/12

does anyone know how to get headphones to play from the headphone jack? i know they work because i use them on my ipod flawlessly but everytime i plug them in music just plays from the speaker phone,i do not think this is thw rom as ive had this problem on stock as well

it could be your phone. I've never had a problem

Down in the end of the headphone jack is what amounts to a switch that gets opened when the headphones are plugged in. That switch position is read by the phone to tell if headphones are in the jack or not. If that signal is not changing state, the phone thinks there are no headphones and will just keep playing over the speaker

Upvote 0
does anyone know how to get headphones to play from the headphone jack? i know they work because i use them on my ipod flawlessly but everytime i plug them in music just plays from the speaker phone,i do not think this is thw rom as ive had this problem on stock as well

did you install hot fix 2?

Reactions: exgenmeikoj
Upvote 0

I have used several types of head phones and the ones with most success are the ones with 3 ring jacks on the bottom

Now my phone is
Cm 7
Beta 3.5
Hot fix 2
8 gb SD card (no partion)
No app to SD
Cleanedinit.zip (flashed with cwm5)
With music player Google from ics

The only problem was the mic part from the iPod headphones that did not work at all (expect playing music) plz post what you have installed on your phone for better help

Upvote 0
What apps are ok to remove.Because I removed google search and when I went to my market it said to add an account to go to market I used Titanum Backup.I appreciate all the hard work everyone is doing I am new to this but am learning slowly thanks to android forums and espically Hroark.THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

I don't think you can remove apps because I tryed to remove some and caused my phone to boot loop I think hroak said he had to put maps back on to keep it from boot looping so I'm not sure but I would try to remove any and get a list also can you post ur phone summary for better help

Upvote 0
I am sure it is on github some where but here is a copy from my CM files

Camerasrc2.zip

I tried to import it into Eclipse. That was a mistake. Eclipse claims 41 errors and 14 warnings. Either I'm missing some parent files, or this is not meant to be edited in the Eclipse IDE :)

I went looking for the parts that <start over simplified explanation> announce that "Camera" events are handled by this app </start over simplified explanation> to see what was different between the VideoCamera and the regular Camera java files but my brain turned to mush. I'll look again later.
I suck at writing code, but I can sometimes find little syntax things that other people overlook. that's why I'm trying to help :)

Reactions: mavrikmeercat
Upvote 0
I tried to import it into Eclipse. That was a mistake. Eclipse claims 41 errors and 14 warnings. Either I'm missing some parent files, or this is not meant to be edited in the Eclipse IDE :)

I went looking for the parts that <start over simplified explanation> announce that "Camera" events are handled by this app </start over simplified explanation> to see what was different between the VideoCamera and the regular Camera java files but my brain turned to mush. I'll look again later.
I suck at writing code, but I can sometimes find little syntax things that other people overlook. that's why I'm trying to help :)
Yeah I tried to the same with eclipse and got errors too. I had to stop right there and resort to reading cuz I'm not that advanced with SDK yet. Still dont know exactly why it wont load yet. Got any info on where to find out?

Upvote 0
Yeah I tried to the same with eclipse and got errors too. I had to stop right there and resort to reading cuz I'm not that advanced with SDK yet. Still dont know exactly why it wont load yet. Got any info on where to find out?

It's meant to be built using make and is probably dependent on other source files that I haven't bothered to download from the CM7 repo yet.

I wasn't trying to have something that would build though so it wasn't a big deal to me. I'm doing what basically amounts to a Code Review

Upvote 0

im not that familiar with stuff like this but cant you just decompile the apk and convert the .dex to .jar using dex2jar and edit the .java files and recompile it

Reactions: mavrikmeercat
Upvote 0
I don't think you can remove apps because I tryed to remove some and caused my phone to boot loop I think hroak said he had to put maps back on to keep it from boot looping so I'm not sure but I would try to remove any and get a list also can you post ur phone summary for better help

I removed talk,maps,TTS, and tips with no issues. I replaced rom adw with adw ex as well. Everything works great.

Upvote 0
Reactions: Enzosdad
Upvote 0
im not sure if im doing this right but i try to connect it says remembered then it never connects i tried to turn on and off the wifi that did not work where do you toggle it i have also tried the drop down menu shortcut that doesnt work either ?:thinking:

it sounds like your doing it right, this is what I do

turn on wifi, and it says it is scanning
I go into wifi setting and it does show my network
i press my network and add the key for it
then i turn off wifi and turn it back on
then it connects

Upvote 0
I have used several types of head phones and the ones with most success are the ones with 3 ring jacks on the bottom

Now my phone is
Cm 7
Beta 3.5
Hot fix 2
8 gb SD card (no partion)
No app to SD
Cleanedinit.zip (flashed with cwm5)
With music player Google from ics
The only problem was the mic part from the iPod headphones that did not work at all (expect playing music) plz post what you have installed on your phone for better help

pretty much everything stock on cm7 except i added the the hot fix 2

btw what is cleanedinit ive seen people using it and where can i download it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones