• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root cyanogenmod 7

like you just downloaded it from their website the V isnt on the supported devices list... and how do i remvoe irt if i wanna replace it

BACKUP PHONE FIRST!!

Downloaded it, connected phone to pc, enabled usb storage, moved rom to sd card.

Boot phone into recovery and flash from sd, highlight rom, flash, reboot.

This is assuming your V is rooted of course.

I also added the stock Optimus V Rom to my sd card just in case I ever want to make the phone stock again.

Reactions: cammykool
Upvote 0
like you just downloaded it from their website the V isnt on the supported devices list... and how do i remvoe irt if i wanna replace it
Go here http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-...wip-backside-rom-cm7-green-machine-theme.html
Make sure you download the Gapps as well. If you not rooted you will need to go either here(if you want to be rooted)http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-all-things-root/380801-guide-rooting-without-computer.html Or here(if you don't want to)
http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-...-custom-kernel-rom-change-boot-animation.html when using ROMTools only use the Shell Root selection as this will go away after the first reboot leaving no root what soever(great if you plan on selling the phone latter)DO NOT USE THE ROOT SELECTION AS THIS WILL MESS UP YOUR "V"

Read both tutorials so you get the best Idea as to what to do to get an IHO-CM7 Gingerbread ROM on your phone(the IHO's are the newest and best versions)

I personally use asopCWMod v3.0.2.4 as it is the recommended recovery for the new IHO-CM7 ROM's and seems to do a better job of wiping everthing. This can be found in the link with the BACKside ROM and Gapps.

Reactions: cammykool
Upvote 0
BACKUP PHONE FIRST!!

Downloaded it, connected phone to pc, enabled usb storage, moved rom to sd card.

I also added the stock Optimus V Rom to my sd card just in case I ever want to make the phone stock again.

im rooted

Upvote 0
BACKUP PHONE FIRST!!

how do i move stock ROM to sd

Upvote 0
BACKUP PHONE FIRST!!

i have a theme from my other phone (diffrent make/model) can i apply it here? link to theme: http://androidforums.com/galaxy-pre...-green-simple-blue-3-1-updated-8-22-11-a.html

Upvote 0
how do i move stock ROM to sd

When you make a backup in recovery, it automaticly backs it up on your sd card. Say you install the ROM and a few days later you don't like it and prefer your stock ROM (highly, highly doughtful!!), you just boot into recovery and restore your backup. **Poof** your phone is now exactly how it was when you made that back up. :D And if you backup before you restore your stock ROM, You'll always have cm7 where ever you go. Just in case you get the itch to come back. :p
Go here for different ROM's for the 'V'. I personally use the BACKSide ROM you can get here.

As for the theme, I don't know.

Upvote 0
When you make a backup in recovery, it automaticly backs it up on your sd card. Say you install the ROM and a few days later you don't like it and prefer your stock ROM (highly, highly doughtful!!), you just boot into recovery and restore your backup. **Poof** your phone is now exactly how it was when you made that back up. :D And if you backup before you restore your stock ROM, You'll always have cm7 where ever you go. Just in case you get the itch to come back. :p
Go here for different ROM's for the 'V'. I personally use the BACKSide ROM you can get here.

As for the theme, I don't know.

So just do the backup/restore in recovery? What's the button combo to press while booting to acess it? Thanks!

Upvote 0
To boot into recovery, turn off your phone, then hold volume_down + home + power till you see the white LG logo go away. Once in recovery, be sure to do a backup before you do anything else!

The theme you linked to will not work, but there is a built in theme changer in all CM7 based ROMs that will allow you to quickly and painlessly change compatible themes, which you can download from the market. You can also use UOT Kitchen to create your own theme just the way you want it. I noticed one of the themes you linked to was green, you might like my Green Machine Theme which is posted with the links to download my BACKside-IHO ROM. ;)

Upvote 0
To boot into recovery, turn off your phone, then hold volume_down + home + power till you see the white LG logo go away. Once in recovery, be sure to do a backup before you do anything else!

The theme you linked to will not work, but there is a built in theme changer in all CM7 based ROMs that will allow you to quickly and painlessly change compatible themes, which you can download from the market. You can also use UOT Kitchen to create your own theme just the way you want it. I noticed one of the themes you linked to was green, you might like my Green Machine Theme which is posted with the links to download my BACKside-IHO ROM. ;)

so do i just use the backup/restore system in CWM to save stock ROM?

Upvote 0
so do i just use the backup/restore system in CWM to save stock ROM?
Correct. Please refer to the links in my first post above(#6 permalink) as this will clear up a lot of your confusion and answer most of your questions. Read,Read,Read, Then ask questions. This will keep you from having so much stress,and keep you from becoming so confused.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones