• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cyanogenmod and otacerts

so ive been looking around and trying to figure this out but i cant. theres instructions for if youre running droidmod but im on cyanogenmod. since the 2.1 ota came out ive had horrible battery life. my battery would be down to 80% after an hour and a half with me only texting in that time... ive found otacerts.zip in ASTRO but cyanogenmod doesnt have the Check for Updates tab so i cant download it and run it to disable. its just sitting on my phone, i think thats whats draining my battery. i dont know that for sure but thats what ive gathered from reading. can i just delete the file? i just want to get rid of it and hopefully get my better battery life back...

yeah i installed through ROM Manager... im actually running the bekit 7slot 1.2 low voltage kernel as well and my battery life is just horrible (in 4 hours i was down to 40% and all i did was average texting and very light web browsing...im also in philadelphia and usually have a pretty solid signal so its not always searching for it cuz i know that would kill battery too)

Upvote 0
i had a charging profile but i will have to make a sleep/standby one and see if that helps improve battery life.

It definitely will. By forcing your phone to underclock when the screen is off you might even get better battery life than you did when you were at stock. I always say that at the very least, a sleep/standby profile is completely necessary. You might also want to make the speed drop at 50 degrees Celsius (last option in the profiles list) in case something goes wrong. I also underclock when my battery goes below 31%. Basically, ALL of the profiles are useful! ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones