• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root cyanogenmod battery % in battery icon

timcity

Nov 8, 2009
So earlier today I flashed cyanogen's rom and noticed that the battery icon on the notification bar had the battery % on the battery, the built in one not the on from the battery indicator app, and i thought that looked really slick. I was wondering if there was a way I could get that thru using metamorph or something

If I understand it correctly, the stock ROM (for which most all the others are based on) simply change the notification icons. So the stock ROM updates the battery in 20%s, but instead of it losing a sliver of life, they have the percentage up there.

Cyanogen is built from source (not a modified ROM). So he was able to have it update in 10% increments, instead of simply changing the icons.

I hope that makes sense. If I'm off base, someone will correct me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones