• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

CyanogenMod CM10.1.3 ROM Android 4.3

ironass

Extreme Android User
Aug 17, 2010
Cotswolds, England
UPDATED in post #5

If you are on, or thinking of switching to, CyanogenMod, CM10.1.3, Android 4.3 ROM then you should be prepared for, and expect, problems.

Be advised that the CM 10.1's are all, "Nightly's", to date and are therefore experimental, (work-in-progress),... as opposed to a Stable or Release Candidate. It could be weeks or months before these are released. In the meantime there may be features that will be non operational or broken in each Nightly release or, indeed, may never be implemented.***

This ROM is currently NOT intended for daily, stable, use and is for experienced, competent, users only. If you need a working and fully functional phone, then these Nightly's are not for you.

Flash these Nightly's at your own risk!
:ahhhhh:

Standard CyanogenMod disclaimer... (which I am sure you read before flashing ;) )
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
* Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading
* cause of male impotence.

ISSUES

***These are just some of the known issues:-

"CyanogenMod10.1:GT-I9100:Nightly:Known issues
Audio: not all features implemented yet
USB: slow ums transfer speed
FM Radio: unsupported, will probably never be
TV Out: unsupported, will never work (proprietary, undocumented)
NFC: no support on GT-I9100P is missing
Calling emergency numbers on the following carriers will NOT work: Telia Sweden, Vodafone NL, and KPN Netherlands
"

Samsung App's not supported.

SOLUTIONS

In the event of an issue causing problems, if you are able, revert to a previous nandroid backup, which I am sure you made, or, alternatively, flash another ROM using Odin, providing you can access Dowload mode. Failing that, keep your eye on the xda thread for 24/48 hours and see if a solution has been released for your problem.

For a more up-to-date list of current issues with CM10.1, and possible solutions, see the latest posts in the CM10.1 discussion thread on xda developers, here

DOWNLOADS.

CM10.1 download. Carefully and thoroughly read the installation instructions here.

Google apps download.

FAQ's.

Changelog.

(This post will be updated as and when a Release Candidate or Stable Release becomes available)

ironass motto... "Flash in haste... repent at leisure". :shot:

Reactions: sntaylor
Reserved. Just in case! ;)

Hang On Here....This Ain't Xda!

Lol

I Enjoyed My Play About With Cm10 Nights Back In November, Had Very Few If Any Issues....Having A Working Radio Is Something I Like Though So Ended Up Dual Booting. I Liked Being Able To Use Themes That Would Change The Whole Look, Not Just Launcher Style Themes, But In The End I've Kinda Passed My Flashaholic Stage :)

Upvote 0
(This post will be updated as and when a Release Candidate or Stable Release becomes available)

As promised in post #1. I am updating this thread to announce that there is now a Release Candidate available for CM 10.1.3.

Download, here.

This ROM offers a more Nexus, pure Android, feel and has lots of features found in Android 4.2.2 and 4.3.

Just make sure that you do a nandroid back-up first and read the installation instructions, carefully and thoroughly!

Reactions: sflannery07
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones