• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cyanogenmod CM7

330D

From My Cold Dead Hands
Mar 4, 2010
upstate NY
It is the first ROM I've seen that was worthy of a flash. Man is it good. Flashlight doesn't work, and there are a few little bugs, but other than that, it is super duper. Toast has outdone himself yet again. Anybody else running it? What are your thoughts?

As far as Sprint and HTC are concerned, I just don't understand why they wouldn't work on a Gingerbread update for this phone, it runs very well.

I was running CM6 on my hero, and loved that. This is just a logical extension of that. I don't really miss the sense widgets. The only thing I DO miss is the sense dialer.

+1 for the Sense dialer.. I'm not a fan of the dialer on Cm7 at all, It's not very organized. Now that I think about it, it may be the worst dialer I've ever used. Still like Cm7 regardless.

Upvote 0
I been using CM7 I like it runs smooth and gps works way better than stock.

I miss also the sense dialer and the most important thing I miss is being able to record decent 720p videos and Using CM7 I just can't get one right voice and video out of sync (just a milisecond) but it pisses me off.
And the frames jumping and missing from time to time.

Anything else just runs good I think there's very little bugs to iron and would be a stable rom

Upvote 0
Running CM7 RC now and it's pretty good, been my daily for quite some time now. Miss the Sense widgets for sure, but this is just so nice... and much better than just using a different launcher. Only issues I've had are sometimes while on a call the only way to get the screen working again is to open and close the keyboard, but really none other than that.

Also as said before just use Tesla or some other market program. Would've flashed some of the nightlies before the RC but needed the headphones. When they released the update with the headphones fixed it became a daily use. While Sense widgets and a few other things are nice it gets a bit old.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
yeah sense ui was still there

I am a little confused....

Lets start over. Tell me what you did, and tell me what you want to do.
Do you want sense, or do you not want it?

CM7 is not for you if you want sense, even though you can replace most of the widgets, it does not have all the features that sense does. I am not sure which ROMs are stock with the bloat removed. I used root explorer to delete some of the stock apps that I did not want before I flashed CM7....

Upvote 0
ok sorry for the confusion. No i dont want sense, and I did finally get cm7 on with the google apps so thank you very much for that. however my new issue is ,y gps is broke, it will not find gps, it just always says searching for gps, again thanks for all your help

Ok, now I get ya....

What some have done to help with the GPS is to do a nandroid restore with the sense backup you (should) have, and get a good GPS lock with that. Then do a restore to the CM7 nandroid you make just before you go back to the sense ROM... Once you do that, try and get a GPS lock. If it doesn't work, IDK, because that is all I have seen with regards to a fix.

FWIW, I don't have a great GPS lock with mine either, but it will work eventually for me.

Upvote 0
Rom manager will do your backup for you...

Maybe you should do a little reading either here or over at xda about the rooting process, and what you should be doing each step of the way. It will help you to understand what the basics are, and how you can fix issues that may come up in the process. I know a lot of people jump right in and get a little bit turned around with all that is going on in rooting a phone. There are a few threads floating around that have a ton of info that could really help you;)

That being said, I am definitely here to help to the best of my ability, so let me know if you need anything else dude.

Upvote 0
I did miss it, and will be downloading it shortly, my GPS is jacked up, hopefully this will fix it...

Thanks dude!

If you can't get gps working try this; Flash a Sense ROM, get a GPS lock, then while you have a lock re flash CM7. This should fix your gps issue. Once you have it working, it locks really quick, much fatser than Sense ROM's.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones