1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

CyanogenMod.com Debuts Device List, Releases Test Version for Samsung Vibrant

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by phandroid, Feb 25, 2011.

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot
    None

Apr 12, 2008
    CyanogenMod is rocking the morning wire on this fine Friday. Firstly: they have a new phone portal that will show you a list of their officially supported devices. It’s a portal that’s much appreciated given the difficulty in finding out which devices Team Douche officially supports outside of most popular HTC devices. You can find [...]

More...

Advertisement

2. NowVoyager

NowVoyager Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    Entrepreneur
    Left Coast
    I love this! They make the process of getting free, so easy and nearly foolproof...well at least dummy proof as long as you follow the directions. I just wish that the author of ROM Manager would make it clear how to update Clockworkmod Recovery because having that updated is vital to the success of your upgrade. Still, hats off to Team Douche for their tireless work on keeping us all FREE!

People get burned by their phones being "left behind" or prohibited from updating it yourself via "helps" from the manufacturers etc and the consumers wrongly blame Android for their frustrations. Cyanogen, xda devs, Mastermind278, and so many more whom I could name are committed to putting a stop to the "6-months and your phone is dead" syndrome. When you spend $200-$500+ for your phone and you're locked into a 2-year agreement, you want your phone to at least last the better part of your contract, in these economically stressed times.