1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

CyanogenMod - Incompatible Apps on the Play Store

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Master_W, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Master_W

Master_W Newbie

This is the second time I've flashed CM 11 on my Nook Tablet. I'm having an issue where certain apps on the Play Store are listed as incompatible (Instagram, Amazon, etc.). The first time I flashed it I tried Market Helper, but it didn't seem to work so I uninstalled it. Then the next day, I opened up the Store again and the apps were no longer listed as incompatible and I was able to download and use them. I have no idea what caused them to start working.

Now after reflashing it due to some other issues, I'm having the same issue again and I'm not sure how to fix it. I've heard about editing the build.prop file, but I'm a little hesitant.

Any help would be appreciated!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Master_W

Master_W Newbie

I tried editing the build.prop manufacturer to asus and model to Nexus 7 with no luck. Cleared Play Store cache and rebooted.
    Anyone?

3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Did you actually call it the Nexus 7? They're not actually called that in the build.prop

The 2012 models were referred to as the grouper or the tilapia. Not sure about the 2013 variants.

4. Master_W

Master_W Newbie

Yes, I changed ro.product.model to "Nexus 7" and ro.product.manufacturer to "asus".

I reviewed several online pastes and that's what most of them were. I don't really care what its set to though, I just want to get those apps working.

5. Master_W

Master_W Newbie

I've changed model, brand, name, device, and manufacturer to match a Nexus 7. Settings-About shows Nexus 7, and my Google account device list shows Nexus 7. I've rebooted, cleared Play cache, waited, etc. but those apps are still showing incompatible. Do I need to edit the fingerprint property? I'm scared to mess with that though. I can post my build.prop file if need be.

Anyone?

6. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

It could be anything, down to the resolution/dpi of the screen or something like that.

http://www.apkmirror.com/

If you download the apks from there, do they install without issue?

RA_BH likes this.