1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

cyanogenmod loading for ever

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gableren, Apr 18, 2012.

1. gableren

gableren Lurker

My Captative stops working at all. I haven't installed anything in the last month. Absolutely not rom upgrades, or anything "weird".
    One day was working perfectly and the other one become a "never stop loading" - cyanogenmod (classic screen with android on skate).
    I have tried walking through CWM Recovery options, but I'm not sure what to do. No backup to restore. How could I find the problem? There's anything I can do? If should I reflash the phone, how can I keep my contacts and my photos?
    Thanks very much and sorry for my bad english

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. neo1973

neo1973 Member

probably have more luck over at xda, where they actually focus on mods...

just sayin'

3. cmilldrummin

cmilldrummin Lurker

Sounds like your in a bootloop? If you can get into recovery your fine. I'd suggest first wiping the cache, and the dalvik-cache from recovery. If the phone still will not reboot, you'll need to do a factory reset/wipe data. This will delete everything off your phone. If you set up your phone, you should have your contacts synced with googles servers, and if your pictures are on your SD card, the SD partition does not get touched during a factory reset.

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews