• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help cyanogenmod loading for ever

gableren

Lurker
Apr 18, 2012
My Captative stops working at all. I haven't installed anything in the last month. Absolutely not rom upgrades, or anything "weird".
One day was working perfectly and the other one become a "never stop loading" - cyanogenmod (classic screen with android on skate).
I have tried walking through CWM Recovery options, but I'm not sure what to do. No backup to restore. How could I find the problem? There's anything I can do? If should I reflash the phone, how can I keep my contacts and my photos?
Thanks very much and sorry for my bad english

Sounds like your in a bootloop? If you can get into recovery your fine. I'd suggest first wiping the cache, and the dalvik-cache from recovery. If the phone still will not reboot, you'll need to do a factory reset/wipe data. This will delete everything off your phone. If you set up your phone, you should have your contacts synced with googles servers, and if your pictures are on your SD card, the SD partition does not get touched during a factory reset.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones