1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Cyanogenmod missing notification for Google Voice text messages

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jgscott987, Sep 7, 2011.

1. jgscott987

jgscott987 Member
    None

Jun 13, 2010
    I just made the switch from stock Sense to Cyanogenmod 7.03 last week. I'm loving it, but have come across one problem that I can't figure out.

I use Google Voice for my voicemail and some text messages. Under the stock Sense ROM, I got a persistent icon in the status bar whenever I had a new text message or voicemail in Google Voice.

Now the GV notifications are mostly missing. When I get a text message, the notification will flash up in the status bar with the first few words of the message, but will then disappear, leaving no indication that I have a message waiting. Voicemails are hit-or-miss as well. Unless I actually see the message come in, there is no sign that I have one waiting. When I go into the GV app, the messages are right there, still in bold as un-read.

I'm pretty sure I have all of the settings correct in Google Voice. I have background data and sync enabled, and all of the notification check boxes are checked.

There is an option to receive Google Voice text messages in the phone's messaging app (Handcent), which does in-turn give me a notification that there is a new message in Handcent. Unfortunately this doesn't work for me because I keep my two phone numbers separate- I don't want text messages coming into my GV inbox to be mingled with my other texts.

Anyway, has anyone experienced this problem? Any suggestions for a fix?

Thanks!

Edit: I did find some other folks having this problem- see link below:
    http://www.google.cf/support/forum/p/voice/thread?tid=2588b01f1d47e21e&hl=en

Edit #2: I downgraded to a prior version that I had backed up with Titanium (4.2.32) and notifications seem to be working properly now. This seems to be a bug in the latest version of Google Voice, 4.2.36, which, coincidentally, was released the same day I moved to Cyanogen (8/31/11)!

Advertisement