1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

CyanogenMod Permanently Disabled my 4G? Help with restoring F Modem?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shellsotf, Jun 24, 2013.

1. shellsotf

shellsotf Newbie

I just tried PG's and BobZ's CMmod, but after deciding that I needed my GPS to work, I went back to stock. At some point during trying those CMMods, I flashed the C modem with Neesher's installer, located here: http://androidforums.com/motion-4g-all-things-root/732947-motion-fixes-modem-recovery-mms.html

Now I've followed the unbrick guide to go back to stock F, but I'm not getting 4g, only EvDO, in spots where other LG Motions on MetroPCS are getting 4g when I hold them right beside mine. I've tried wiping literally everything in CWM, doing the hard reset, THEN unbricking, but that didn't help either. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Maybe I need to flash the F modem - any ideas on that?

Thanks in advance, guys!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. brooklyn227

brooklyn227 Well-Known Member

Have you tried ##626* your service code scroll to network select, network mode, CDMA + lte auto? In CDMA preferences p-rev rev-6 evdo revision...eHRPD

shellsotf likes this.
  3. shellsotf

shellsotf Newbie

I tried updating the PRL with *228, but I have not tried what you suggested. Can you give me some more detailed information on how to do that? I pressed ##626*, and I get a dialog box that says "Service Code", which is blank and offers me space to type something in. I don't know what I'm supposed to enter.

4. qandres12

qandres12 Android Expert

Your MSL code. You can get it at whiterabbit.org and you have to type in your IMEI correctly to get it. You can find your IMEI in your phone settings.

shellsotf likes this.
  5. shellsotf

shellsotf Newbie

Thanks for everyone's help! Here's what I did, which finally fixed the issue:

1) Using my IMEI from Settings -> About phone, I got the MEID from here: Online MEID Converter - Convert ESN,MEID, and IMEI from HEX/DEC with MetroPCS SPC
    2) Using the MEID, I got the MetroPCS MSL code from here: http://www.whiterabbit.org/android/
    3) Dialed ##626*, entered the MSL code.
    4) Went to LTE Configuration --> APN Settings --> Selected MPCSINTERNET
    5) Went to Network Select --> Network Mode -> CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto
    6) Backed out of that menu.

Now 4g works, even after a reboot. You guys are great and I hope this helps anyone with a similar problem.

6. 0utSid3r

0utSid3r Well-Known Member

I still didn't get mine back

See still stuck

[​IMG]

LG Motion 4G Forum

The LG Motion 4G release date was August 2012. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 1700mAh battery.

August 2012
Release Date
Reviews