1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support CyanogenMod Update problems - no data

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hinky, Apr 13, 2016.

1. hinky

hinky Newbie
    None

Feb 5, 2010
    Here is a word of warning to anyone using CyanogenMod. The latest release that they push as a standard update caused the phones my family have to lose their ability to connect to the data SIM and they have no data among numerous other issues. I wonder if anyone has some advice on what can be done to fix other than flashing the entire phone which will not only take several hours but also is just not going to happen easily with people who don't even know what flashing a ROM is (like most phone owners.) Right now Cyanogen is working on it but you are probably best served knowing and questioning whether you should update. I hear that Oppo is almost done with their Android version and they all plan to leave CyanogenMod and use the company's Android. Just makes things easier, support, reliability, etc but I think it's not quite there yet.

Advertisement

2. MarmiteX1

MarmiteX1 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 27, 2010
    Software Engineer
    Hinky,

What is your carrier/network provider?

My advice is to firstly try and edit your carrier APN settings so that the 3G/4G data starts working again before you start flashing entire ROM on your phone again.

The below video demonstrates how to do this:

#2 MarmiteX1, Apr 16, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2016

OnePlus One

The OnePlus One was the debut smartphone of the Chinese company, OnePlus. It was unveiled on April 2014 and was designed to compete against major flagships specs for a lower price point. The device shipped with CyanogenOS installed and initially required an invite in order to purchase one.
Tags: