• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
It am still stuck on the updater-script, I got my first .zip finished yesterday and flashed it and bricked my rush so today I am going to remake the updater-script using the stock rom updater script as a guide and I should have better luck! I just have to get this right @crazynapkinman

Upvote 0
Whoops lol

You'll get it! Can't express the thanks. I wish I knew more. I would love to help you. My words of encouragement is all I have at this point.
I don't know the first thing about porting roms.
I have tried porting an aosp app to tw but it didn't work. (It was the lollipop calculator)
I did successfully decompile and recompile but I got the parsing error when I tried installing it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
[/Quote] I'm excited about the Alpha, also. I'll definitely flash whatever you come up with, as I have a Rush that can be used as a test phone. I just have to learn about logcat. I'm not that sure about what that is. Good luck.<br/> [/Quote]
Log cat is an app that tracks all processes on an android device and records it in a log.
Dev can look at the log cat for specific issues and see what occurred before and after to see what may have caused the error.
This allows them to pin point where a bug may reside.
Is a boon for the Dev to have testers run log cat when using alpha/beta builds.

Upvote 0
Yes i am working on porting cyanogenmod from the galaxy reverb using windows 10. I use Linux but i decided to try windows to see if i have better luck in building this. I was able to unbrick my phone and get twrp running again but my phone still won't boot, I'm trying though. I never give up so it will be a surprise probably when i upload it but I will get it done.

Upvote 0
Yes i am working on porting cyanogenmod from the galaxy reverb using windows 10. I use Linux but i decided to try windows to see if i have better luck in building this. I was able to unbrick my phone and get twrp running again but my phone still won't boot, I'm trying though. I never give up so it will be a surprise probably when i upload it but I will get it done.

Made my day ♥

Reactions: Sands207
Upvote 0
Hey all. I have some time this weekend to work on this and give it another try. Who is running a stock rooted/non rooted ROM? Could you provide me with the following from syste/app:
Phone.apk
Telephony.apk
Gallery2.apk
SystemUI.apk
Along with a backup copy of your build.prop,BoardConfig.mk and stock kernel? I already have a copy of the modified one. My phone is in the process of being replaced . Having this info will greatly help us port this over, I'll buy you a beer once this is done :) Thanks all!

Reactions: Edszx
Upvote 0
Reactions: Edszx
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones