• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2ZTz9uq_AexTVBWZ0JYelIxRTA&authuser=0

here is the link for modified build.prop
let me know if this helps. also let me know if you need access allowed.
Thanks for all that you're doing @Sands207 You da best!
I helps alot! Thank you very much @crazynapkinman I appreciate you stepping up to help this process along! ROM development for my daily driver (LG Volt) is in a standstill right now so I'll have more time to work on this finally. I'm putting some serious hours in today!!!

Reactions: Edszx
Upvote 0
IMG_20150208_181349.jpg
IMG_20150208_181341.jpg
I finally unbricked my RUSH!!! Thank you all for your help! TIME TO GET BACK TO WORK!!! :D

Upvote 0
You are right! I have this phone set completely stock rooted now but the problems i had been stressing out don't seem as difficult to overcome, this may end up a direct port from the rings/reverb cyanogenmod mod or something like it. We share similar or some exact hardware and stock android
so we have a start. Pulling proprietary blobs will work for my rush so that will help too, have build.prop, the big four apps plus java latest with ubuntu 14.10. we have stock & modified kernels too to try as well and finally the base and port roms and samsung source code for prevail2spr M830 :) I'll keep trying until I get it right, I have been busy with the Volt and life too so I'm glad to have more time now to get cracking on this with you.
Idk really. But if "newline" is in there and it shouldn't be, perhaps it needs to be removed? Maybe. I guess I don't know how it works though. Are you downloading it? Is it something on their end? Have you tried posting in XDA forums?

Upvote 0
Hey guys! So I will soon be at the step to build our local_manifests file where we merge cyanogenmod with the rush and then shortly after attempt to make the first real build which we can hopefully try after. Anyways the step looks like this:

Make a new local manifest file:
Code (Text):
  1. mkdir .repo/local_manifests
  2. cd .repo/local_manifests
  3. gedit local_manifest.xml What I need help with is someone with experience like the ring or reverb Cyanogenmod to check over what I make on this or if they recommend using their phones variables when we make this file? This is where we are at as of now, I am letting repo sync work its magic and I am going to keep moving in the morning. If you or someone you may know might be able to help up you will absolutely get credit for it, I think we can all agree with that. Let's do this! =)

Upvote 0
Before the weekend i am going to upload the files i have to my google drive including the port i had going. I'm not giving up by any means but any help or attempts at building this would be great.. Google "how to build cyanogenmod 10 or 10.1" and get yourself a fresh install of Linux Mint or Ubuntu and make sure you have AT LEAST 50 or more gigs of space and a reliable, fast internet connection and get yourself either eclipse, android sdk or studio (your choice) and the latest java jdk which is 8 or later and finally to get your phone to talk to your pc and transfer the files you need install adb and fastboot and get crackin :) if we work together I know this can be done. I have just been busy with work so I've had to sideline this for a bit but I'm definitely still wanting to see it finished and working. It sounds intimadating but it's not, the hardest part is making sure the files are compiled correctly and there are no missing or broken pieces and after just testing to make sure it all works like it should. I hope you are all well!!

Reactions: crazynapkinman
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones