• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CyanogenMOD7 and Andro - ID. ROM for Galaxy Mini. Questions and tutorials here.

roofrider,

Yes my OC kernel works. I chose 844 mhz overclocking kernel and set it to 825mhz. I tried 900mhz but it rebooted again and again. Tried 844mhz still rebooted but i had time to change the maz cpu frequency to 825mhz. And now i'm running ok. 825mhz is running stable on my device :)

i got 79.0 FPS from Neocore.

Here are my pics of Quadrant , AnTuTu bechmarking results :

Oh! awesome!
i got stable on 806 but wenever i swith to 806 i get atleast 1 reboot wen using some benchamrking or apps.
now chking on 787....looks stable but got 2 reboots till now...it's been like 4 hrs now.
also i found this interesting...at 806 i got a antutu score of1900
but at 787 i got 2000 on antutu...i suggest u too to try at various lower frequencies. Also how is the battery drain at 825?

Reactions: griffin2
Upvote 0
roofrider and manishgade,

Well roofrider the drain isn't much stronger when i'm on 825mhz. I played a game whole day and when i needed to go to bed it finally shut down :) So the battery drain is normal. Slightly stronger but not as noticable :)

manishgade i'm happy with CM7. Since it's an awesome ROM you can customize almost everything and the OverClocking kernels work for CM7 :) So i suggest CM7 :)

P. S - Some news i will try to port the MIUI ROM to our galaxy mini. I don't promise anything but maybe the devs of MIUI will finish it or i will finish it :)

Upvote 0

P. S - Some news i will try to port the MIUI ROM to our galaxy mini. I don't promise anything but maybe the devs of MIUI will finish it or i will finish it :)
when? :)
sent to me or in this topic when received.

do you have screenshots of your rom (cm7)?And Is this the same version of CM7 that was in previous topics? too is it 2.3.4? do you have bug or problem in this rom?
tnx my Frnz.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Well roofrider the drain isn't much stronger when i'm on 825mhz. I played a game whole day and when i needed to go to bed it finally shut down :) So the battery drain is normal. Slightly stronger but not as noticable :)

manishgade i'm happy with CM7. Since it's an awesome ROM you can customize almost everything and the OverClocking kernels work for CM7 :) So i suggest CM7 :)

Thanks a lot Netas3K I m going to flash CM7 very soon as per your guidance, I hope I do it correctly... any way one of my friend who is having GT S5570 flashed Vanilla ROM by Parasmi and I was very impressed with the look and feel of the themes.... but I would like to go one step beyond and have a better ROM which will handle many things without any restrictions... I trust your opinion and will go accordingly...... wish me luck.... and give any important suggestions if you have missed any please please..

Thanks

Upvote 0
it is the updated cm7.
it is 2.3.5
yes, ther are still a few bugs.
this is video of the first release of cm7 by the dev.

‪CyanogenMod 7.1.0 on Samsung Galaxy Mini GT-S5570‬‏ - YouTube

My fried asks.. Is it ok to shift from Gingerbread Vanilla ROM to updated CM7... what kind of bugs are still there in CM7... Vanilla is running very smoothly but battery drains very quickly... can we expect any update for Vanilla ROM... please reply .... thanks

Upvote 0

It took me time to understand that the last page is the latest page in XD-developers website.... and not the one which comes first... pity on me... :mad:

Reactions: RoopeshPunyani
Upvote 0
griffin2,

The current CWM doesn't support rfs filesystem witch andro - id and stock roms use. So you can't backup your system unless you have CM7 :)

My fried asks.. Is it ok to shift from Gingerbread Vanilla ROM to updated CM7... what kind of bugs are still there in CM7... Vanilla is running very smoothly but battery drains very quickly... can we expect any update for Vanilla ROM... please reply .... thanks

Upvote 0
I don't know about updates for Vanilla ROM. Maybe there will be. I need to know what firmware exactly does he have. Then i will answer that question :)

He has S5570XXKPI firmware.... any suggestion...for him.... and for me what important bugs does updated CM7 still having... I m reading lot about it on XD-developers site... some reluctance .... may be I m wrong.... plesae share your experience with CM7 with OC kernel... are you enjoying the new stuff...:)

Upvote 0
If he has the CWM from tj then yes he can flash it just fine but i recommend to flash the CWM in the CM7 page just in case. I'm having great experience with CM7 and OC. No problems with the mic camera and headset. :)

I'm responsible for any damage done by these ROMs

Best answer so far...... I have plan to flash it on 15 August our independance day and my phone will also get freedom from stock ROM.... :) thanks netas3k for your continuous support......

Upvote 0
Best answer so far...... I have plan to flash it on 15 August our independance day and my phone will also get freedom from stock ROM.... :) thanks netas3k for your continuous support......

One most important thing to know from you that... does CM7 supports google services like contact and data sync and market app.... if it does not then how to access market from device that has CM7... please reply

Upvote 0
One most important thing to know from you that... does CM7 supports google services like contact and data sync and market app.... if it does not then how to access market from device that has CM7... please reply

Also.... the look of CM7 in the video looks rusty... mostly in grey shade ... how to change that look..... please help in understanding........:)

Upvote 0
I had some problems with my Phone with the Service... So i couldn't connect to my internet.

griffin2,

USB Tethering can be fixed with a third party app. Found here : android-wired-tether - Wired Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting . Try to search for instructions there if you won't find them i will try to install that :)

manishgade,

The CM7 i installed for some reason had Google Apps (like market, gmail, google sync...) . Because google asked CM7 to remove google apps from CM&. So if your CM7 won't have Google Apps download them from here : http://cmw.22aaf3.com/gapps/gapps-gb-20110613-signed.zip . :) Tell me if they work.

And there are themes for CM7 so you can change the design of it :)

Here's mine :

Attachments

• screenshot-1313439337371.jpg
    screenshot-1313439337371.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 113
  • screenshot-1313439353713.jpg
    screenshot-1313439353713.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 59
  • screenshot-1313439364827.jpg
    screenshot-1313439364827.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 62
  • screenshot-1313439479142.jpg
    screenshot-1313439479142.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 71
Upvote 0
I had some problems with my Phone with the Service... So i couldn't connect to my internet.

griffin2,

USB Tethering can be fixed with a third party app. Found here : android-wired-tether - Wired Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting . Try to search for instructions there if you won't find them i will try to install that :)

manishgade,

The CM7 i installed for some reason had Google Apps (like market, gmail, google sync...) . Because google asked CM7 to remove google apps from CM&. So if your CM7 won't have Google Apps download them from here : http://cmw.22aaf3.com/gapps/gapps-gb-20110613-signed.zip . :) Tell me if they work.

Here's mine :

Thanks netas3k ..... I have successfully flashed (update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-tass-KANG-signed) CM7 ... yesterday unfortunately I did not get any google apps... so I tried the link you provided and boss... :) it worked like charm ... I flashed gapp (gapps-gb-20110613-signed.zip) in recovery mode... and after rebooting it asked me choose my google account and my location etc.. etc.. now I have my device synced with google and market.... a BIG thanks to you really... I also flash OC kernel firstly 806 but my devise keep on rebooting after some time... so I flashed OC 748 and it worked and my device is now working fine without any prob... THANKS a billion to you.... suddenly my device battery backup has boosted..:)

I have some queries though to understand CM7 further... please help

1) There is no FM radio application in CM7.... why..?
2) My wifi keep on scanning for long but do not find any network.. though there are few networks available... what do I do to rectify this prob... also I do not get wifi status in status bar ?
3) I have installed VIVID theme and applied it on my device.. How to take screenshot of my device... like you have done..?
4) Which video player should I use which supports maximum video formats like .wmv .avi etc.. CM7 player does not support these formats..?
5) what is CM update notifications under CM system settings.. I try to register but no response...

thanks buddy help me understand the above issues.... please :) :)

Upvote 0

griffin2,

manishgade,

Here's mine :

21094d1313440070-questions-flashing-cyanogenmod-screenshot-1313439337371.jpg

how to change default lockscreen to this screen?
my default lockscreen have 2 item

Go to Settings then CyanogenMod settings then Lockscreen.. then Style option then Lockscreen style and choose Rotary or Rotary revamped then check custom app starter then choose custom application and choose which application you want in that Rotary slider.... done.... thanks :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones