1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [Cyanogenmod7] SMS, Gmail notifications receiving problem.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by c_p, Apr 22, 2011.

1. c_p

c_p Lurker
    None

Apr 22, 2011
    Hello Everybody!

I use Cyanogenmod 7 (SwiftDroid 1.8), Go Launcher Ex, Go SMS Pro.

Often there is not enough free memory on my Swift, because processes are killing, I mean for example: I'm browsing a page through Dolphin Mini, next I click home button (minimize) then the process will be killed automatically; when I return to browser, the page is reloading, instead of be already loaded.
    Also if I'm surfing the net or playing in a game (these things get a lot of memory), I'm not receiving any sms notifications (but sms messages are in inbox, because I have checked "Protect messages in memory" in Cyan settings->Performance). Problem with that is e.g. when I must confirm a remittance from my bank online system by sms password.

But that is not all, now these things sometimes are happening even I'm doing nothing! Phone is in my pocket, but I don't receive sometimes notifications of sms, even mails from gmail! (there is no any notification on statusbar, any vibration or sound!, merely I have installed Go Launcher Notification addon, which shows icon with count of unread messages on appbar at the bottom, thanks to after unlock screen I only see that I received something). Not every time, but it happens.

And thereto, yesterday my girlfriend didn't can call to me. And maybe not only yesterday, but I don't know about it! She just got information that "called subscriber has turned off phone". But my phone lied turned on on my desk, the battery charged to 100%...

Any advices??

Most of my applications I have installed on SD card, free phone memory ~60-67 MB, Process Manager shows free memory (I guess this is RAM) 28-34 MB.

Maybe I have any widgets in memory, but which are not visible? Lately I moved the launcher from phone storage to sd, and next I moved back to phone. After that actions widgets go away, but maybe they are in somewhere (in memory)? -> I presume that because I has Go Weather app and after this action when I was entering into Setting, I was two processes to choose.

Thanks mates!
    Regards :)

Advertisement

2. dano_mbg

dano_mbg Newbie
    None

Mar 24, 2011
    Hey c_p,

I used to have the same problems as you. But they appeared when i upgraded to v1.9 not 1.8. Try upgrading to v2.0 M1 or M3,if you haven't already(i haven't tried the last one but people say it's stable enough). The notification issue was solved. Also try unistalling go sms pro or switching it to lite mode cause when you receive an sms both the stock app and go sms tend to open up and that eats up more ram