1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Cyclone 2000 (Tempest 2000 clone)

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by tomas_skare, Sep 19, 2011.

1. tomas_skare

tomas_skare Lurker
    None

Jul 23, 2011
    Male
    Software developer
    Arvika, Sweden
    Hi all,

I've started to make a Tempest 2000 clone for Android. It's currently in beta stage, and it would be great to have it tested on some more phone types. I've only used an HTC Gratia phone for developing, but some friends have tested on a few other phones as well. It requires Android 2.1 (for OpenGL ES 1.1).

The game currently starts directly, there will be a start screen and menu later as well. No sound so far. There are currently 6 levels, and only a few types of enemies. More will come.

By pressing the Menu button, you can select the type of control to use. My own phone (HTC Gratia) does not have real multi touch, so I have mostly tested the single touch control. For the lucky ones with real multi touch, please test the other two kinds too.

For screenshots and download, go to the Cyclone 2000 web page.

Mail or reply here with bug reports, comments or improvement suggestions. No need to comment on things that are obviously missing. The plan is to have most of the things that the original Tempest 2000 on Atari Jaguar did. Search on youtube if you haven't seen the original game.

Thanks,

Tomas

Advertisement

2. tomas_skare

tomas_skare Lurker
    None

Jul 23, 2011
    Male
    Software developer
    Arvika, Sweden
    This is now on Android Market, still in beta stage, but much more of a game than the previous version announced here. Any comments on it are welcome.