1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Cydia for Samsung Galaxy Note

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by heman85, Apr 24, 2012.

1. heman85

heman85 Lurker

Hello People:
    1st. time I post here, I dont know nothing about android os. Im a really newbie comming from Iphone.

I buyed the samsung galaxy note OS 2.3.6 and I want to know If exist a application like Cydia for download apps and repo sites.

I need the step by step guide please, I'm a newbie. Thanks for your help. :hello:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled

Welcome to the forum!!

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking but I'll take a stab at it. There are alternate places to get apps from, GetJar | Mobile | comes to mind. I generally don't use it because Google Play has pretty much everything I need. Not being in a walled garden like other phones means there is a great deal of flexibility when installing apps. If I remember right, Cydia was for apps Apple didn't approve of. There isn't all that much that Google bans so in my opinion the alternate stores are less important.

Anyway to use GetJar, follow the link above on your phone. When you try to download something it will send you the GetJar app first. Install it and follow the instructions on the screen.

If I misunderstood your question, say something and I'll clarify.

3. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

There is nothing exactly like Cydia. The CyanogenMod team is building a root-centric app market, but it's not ready, yet.

However, Google doesn't enforce root apps like Apple persecutes jailbroken apps. A good way to find a bunch of root apps is to search for 'root' in Google Play. I've also made a thread in my device subforum that lists a bunch of root apps: http://androidforums.com/evo-3d-all...ted-your-phone-heres-some-apps-check-out.html

Don't worry that it's in the Evo 3D section, those apps are not specific to the Evo 3D. MSL reader is semi-specific to Sprint (maybe VZW, too), though.