• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
CyanogenMod has to be built from source code preferably by a developer that owns this phone. At the moment it doesn't seem that a dev owns one. This phone is fairly new so just give it some time. For many phones development doesn't start 2-4 months down the line.

I don't want you to get your hopes up, so I'll also let you know that some phones never get any devs to work on them. This is usually do to the carrier they are on.

Out of the no contract carriers, Metro PCS would be the best bet in regards to development. Their phones seem to usually get one or two devs. This is probably cuz their $60 plan is unlimited everything including 4G and they have merged with T-mobile.

Upvote 0
O i know! i use to have two different phones that never even got a proper root... that is the reason i am so active on this forum. ... i am no developer but a know a few things and if not i am am willing to learn bit i know i had a lot of long nights ahead if i stay on this path but that is why i got this phone becomes i want to learn

Upvote 0
That sounds good.

I don't know the extent of your knowledge on development, but I would recommend making a custom rom before you try and build from code.

With a custom rom you'll learn most of the basics like decompile/compile, xml editing, and writing updater scripts just to name a few.

And yes I agree, you have some long nights ahead of you lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones