• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

D I in stock at Walmart

dan409

Apr 15, 2010
I was at Walmart today and the Incredible is in stock there for those still waiting. I am in the WNY area.
I was thinking to myself, are you freaking kidding me, the VZW site still shows 7/20 as there ship date ! sheesh...go figure

Oh, the price was 149.95 w/new 2 yr contract.

VZW website is now showing the DInc shipping 8/3. For freaks sake, my contract is up with AT&T and I am looking to get either the Droid X, Droid Incredible, or the HTC EVO. Damned if 2 aren't sold out and the third isn't hitting until the 15th.

Frankly, after hearing a few early comments about the Droid X, I'm looking more and more at the Incredible. It doesn't feel as well built but seems to run smoother. Coming from my iPhone 3G (it's not the fastest obviously but it runs well)- I like smooth. Love the EVO as well, but no one in my area has one. I just want a new freaking phone. My wife wants me to get a new freaking phone, just so I'll shut up.

Upvote 0
VZW website is now showing the DInc shipping 8/3. For freaks sake, my contract is up with AT&T and I am looking to get either the Droid X, Droid Incredible, or the HTC EVO. Damned if 2 aren't sold out and the third isn't hitting until the 15th.

Just keep checking Amazon and best buy websites for the DInc.

They both tend to get large shipments weekly.

Upvote 0
Alrighty- Amazon has them in stock.

So the big question is- gimme 3 reasons why I should get this phone over the Droid X.
Size isn't an issue- both are an upgrade over the iPhone 3G I have now.

1. Because we said so.
2. Because we are cooler.
3. Because you want to fit in with the cool kids on this forum.

;)

Okay, you want some serious reasons. I can't really help with that. For me, I want the DINC. I have had bad experiences with Motorola phones and wrote them off years ago. That alone keeps me from buying it. Size is another factor for me, but you said that wasn't important to you. I like the look of the DINC over the X. I like Sense over Blur.

The phones are pretty equal spec wise, its mostly a matter of preference now.

Upvote 0
Thanks and I know the question has been hammered over and over but it's amazing to see how may threads get sidetracked by the "mine is better because" arguments.

I played with a Droid X test unit today at a brick and mortar. It's very nice but I noticed a little lag that I have never witnessed with any of the Incredibles I have seen. The rep and I attributed it to the Moto widgets. It's a big phone and in my pocket, I noticed the hump.

Well, I guess I just made the decision.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones