• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

D INC. BOGO question

kscobie8

Feb 8, 2010
After seeing some great deals on Wirefly and Amazon for some smartphones, my wife wants to upgrade to an Incredible, but she's got another year left on her dumbphone before she's eligible for an upgrade. We don't want to pay out the rear up front for a new phone, so we we're looking into some options.

One option is to add a 3rd line to our plan and do some line switcheroo-ing so we keep the dumphone and have the Dinc as a main line. We would rather not do that.

Sooooooo, possible option two: Is it possible for someone else on a different plan to get a Dinc with the BOGO, take their "free" second phone and activate it on our plan? I feel like this question has been asked before on here, but I'm not reading any straight answers, so forgive me. It seems like this is could be our only way to get the phone for a good price without adding more reasons to be pwned by VZW. Also,, when does the DINC BOGO deal end? Anyone?

Thanks all.

Bel isi,
-kyle

Option 2 is do-able as long as the other person has 2 lines to upgrade. The BOGO's are only available on the same contract (family plan). You can't buy them for two separate contracts. You can, however, switch them around afterward. As long as your friend keeps the line active any phone can be on it, so you could have the 2nd phone.
If you have someone with a family plan that is willing to do that then go for it, but they are going to get 'stuck' with a contract on one of their lines and won't be able to upgrade for 1 or 2 years (depending on the contract) if they want to.

Reactions: kscobie8
Upvote 0
I have 3 lines with Verizon

Line 1 (BB Tour) Month to month status upgrade eligible with additional $50 NE2
Line 2 (Eris) contract still but eligible for discounted upgrade
Line 3 (Env Touch) contract still no upgrade avail

Line one is month to month and I want to leave it alone in case I want to port or something.....so using the BOGO deal to upgrade this line will tie me into a 2yr contract right??????

I chatted with VZW about using Droid Incredible to upgrade Eris and use the bogo deal to add a fourth line. They say no. I say, can I add a new line (4th) using the Droid Incredible and using the BOGO upgrade line 2 (Eris)? They say no. They say in order to use BOGO, I have to either upgrade both Lines 1 (BB Tour) and Line 2 (Eris)with new 2 year agreements or don't upgrade anything and instead add 2 additional lines in order to get BOGO.

I was under the impression that as long as you were signing a new 2yr agreement, wether it be with a new line or upgrading an existing line, BOGO would work since you are still extending for 2 years!!! What gives??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones