• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help D2 Global battery problem right out of the gates

drew3739

Nov 11, 2009
So I got the new global yesterday. As always it takes a few hours of messing around and playing with. Let me tell you this phone runs HOT. Even when I give it a break for 10-15 minutes if I start to use it for more than 10 minutes it is pretty hot to the touch.

Not sure if thats a processor thing. Any D2 guys overclocked that can relate? Which coincidently I also have a battery problem. Not just a crappy battery but an actual problem. Left it charging overnight and when I woke up it was still at 40%. Looked at en email or two, opened google maps to check traffic (which pulls GPS) and before you know it, like 25%.

I called Verizon this morning and they will be sending me a new battery first so we'll see if that helps. But I hope that little overclock they did for better press doesn't give me worse battery than my old incredible. (which was pretty bad).

Settings -> Radios ?

"Manage SIM Card"?

droid2-global-white6-150x150.jpg

Upvote 0
It has to do with the network settings. Go to menu-settings-wireless & networks-mobile network-netwok mode. Take it off Global and put it on CDMA (if you are in the States on Verizon Network). My battery was going down 10-15% every hour just sitting without doing anything (much more if I tried to go on browser or download apps). I switched it, have been running 8 hours and my battery is still at 83% even though I have done several things on my phone today. I had the same problem when I had a BB World Phone. Seems that the radio in the phone is constantly looking for the global network and eating up the battery.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info marckatz. Both my wife and I upgraded from the BB Storm 2 to the DG2. We love the phone but not the poor battery life. I have just taken your advice and hope this works. We were only getting 7 hours out of our phones and were used to 3 times that on the BBS. Will update how it works in several day.

Thor

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones