1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support D2 Global battery problem right out of the gates

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by drew3739, Nov 12, 2010.

1. drew3739

drew3739 Member

Nov 11, 2009
    So I got the new global yesterday. As always it takes a few hours of messing around and playing with. Let me tell you this phone runs HOT. Even when I give it a break for 10-15 minutes if I start to use it for more than 10 minutes it is pretty hot to the touch.

Not sure if thats a processor thing. Any D2 guys overclocked that can relate? Which coincidently I also have a battery problem. Not just a crappy battery but an actual problem. Left it charging overnight and when I woke up it was still at 40%. Looked at en email or two, opened google maps to check traffic (which pulls GPS) and before you know it, like 25%.

I called Verizon this morning and they will be sending me a new battery first so we'll see if that helps. But I hope that little overclock they did for better press doesn't give me worse battery than my old incredible. (which was pretty bad).

Advertisement

2. colnago

colnago Android Expert

Nov 17, 2009
    Is the GSM radio enabled? If so, it could be using energy to find a tower. My fully charged D1 would drain completely in about 4 hours at my mom's house where it gets little to no signal...which is about 1.5/2 miles from (2) different Verizon stores.

3. drew3739

drew3739 Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Where am I looking for this?

4. colnago

colnago Android Expert

Nov 17, 2009
    Settings -> Radios ?

"Manage SIM Card"?

[​IMG]

5. marckatz

marckatz Newbie

Sep 28, 2010
    It has to do with the network settings. Go to menu-settings-wireless & networks-mobile network-netwok mode. Take it off Global and put it on CDMA (if you are in the States on Verizon Network). My battery was going down 10-15% every hour just sitting without doing anything (much more if I tried to go on browser or download apps). I switched it, have been running 8 hours and my battery is still at 83% even though I have done several things on my phone today. I had the same problem when I had a BB World Phone. Seems that the radio in the phone is constantly looking for the global network and eating up the battery.

6. MrThor

MrThor Lurker

Dec 30, 2010
    Thanks for the info marckatz. Both my wife and I upgraded from the BB Storm 2 to the DG2. We love the phone but not the poor battery life. I have just taken your advice and hope this works. We were only getting 7 hours out of our phones and were used to 3 times that on the BBS. Will update how it works in several day.

Thor