1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

D2 Global on Global Market ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nonotz, Dec 11, 2010.

1. nonotz

nonotz Newbie

i've considered to replace my old , slow , painfully lame BB with D2Global

considering the fact that im not in US ,
    when d2GLOBAL will be released in global market?

or should i considered another brand ?
    (Desire Z already available here )

Advertisement

2. nonotz

nonotz Newbie

milestone 2 maybe ? any info?

bump.

3. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Android Expert

You would have to get the Milestone 2 because your not in the US.

4. thenew3

thenew3 Android Enthusiast

you can get an unlocked D2G and use it with a SIM from your local carrier.
    I'm typing this from a unlocked D2G in Taiwan using a pre-paid SIM from a local carrier.

5. vikki

vikki Member

This is a bit off topic. My family is going a tour in China next month (Shanghai up to the Heilungjiang area). Do you have any tips on me what carriers to use? I'm looking for a small amount of minutes and mostly using it for data - gotta keep in touch with my friends here in the States! And what carrier do you recommend in Taiwan (Kaoshung area) - I'm thinking ahead for next year. :)

6. thenew3

thenew3 Android Enthusiast

Depends on how long you plan to stay and how much data you plan to use.

I've never been to China so can't help you with China, I do believe they are mostly a CDMA network in China.

In Taiwan, CDMA voice is available but data is 1X. so you're better off with GSM/HSDPA although the speeds on the 3G GSM network is very slow compared to EVDO in the states.

If you will be using a lot of data, you're best bet is to get a "post-paid" sim, but don't sign a contract (since you're not asking them to subsidize the price of a phone). for about $1,000 NT/month you can get unlimited data and some voice minutes (they charge per second or per 6 second increments. incoming calls are all free)

Any of the carriers are ok. Taiwan Mobile, Far East Mobile are the two I have experience with and both seems to be fine.

I quickly burned through my pre-paid sim so decided to get a post paid monthly sim. Had to ask a relative to get it for me because they require an ID from a native resident.

Good luck!

7. nonotz

nonotz Newbie

where i can buy those d2g ?

8. NunyaBidnez

NunyaBidnez Well-Known Member

Motorola Droid 2 Forum

The Motorola Droid 2 release date was August 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

August 2010
Release Date
Reviews