1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

D2 real keyboard keys now perform functions after update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kirb, Sep 22, 2011.

1. kirb

kirb Lurker

Had the D2 setup just the way I liked it, then major update. Now some of my factory install Apps don't work (like contacts- WTF?)....anyway.

The biggest problem is my keyboard is starting programs like the music player when I push 'P' and the browser when I push 'B' and so on. Makes typing an email or text a problem. It's almost like key macros.

I turned off auto-correct on the keyboard and it started working OK..then back to being a problem after a few days. I pull the battery and reboot. It's fine for a few days or hours and then returns.

Any suggestions? Where can I turn this 'feature' off for good?

2. JDunc

JDunc Android Enthusiast

Sounds like a hardware problem. Hopefully flashing back to SBF 2.3.2 and doing the OTA update again will fix it.

3. Puppa

Puppa Android Enthusiast

It ain't the hardware....go to the settings for the input device and find an item called "Keyboard Shortcuts". Delete them ALL. Wife had same trouble--stupid keyboard driver isn't aware that you're trying to type a message and will go to "gmail" as soon as you press "G", etc. That ought to take care of your problem.

Motorola Droid 2 Forum

The Motorola Droid 2 release date was August 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

August 2010
Release Date
Reviews