• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help D2 stuck at M, can't access recovery

bitz_dv

Lurker
Nov 22, 2010
Ok, slightly different spin on an older problem.

So I bought a Droid 2, the seller had left their account on the phone (google) so I did a factory reset. Phone rebooted and was stuck at M logo for several hours.

I can get into the bootloader and SBF 2.3.20, it completes and phone reboots only to get stuck at M logo. I can not seem to get into recovery though, I hold down "x" while pressing power, and it just gets stuck on the M.

What I have tried is multiple battery pulls and resets before and after messing with RSD light, I have made multiple attempts to flash 2.3.20 full and system only. I was thinking of flashing an older bootloader, but not sure if that would help anything. The only other thing I can think of is swapping out the main board into another housing (I have another D2 housing that is currently has my D1 in it, every thing is interchangeable) but I would like to try not to take this one apart.

Any one have any ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones