1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

D2G necessary?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by droid2lb, Dec 17, 2010.

1. droid2lb

droid2lb Newbie

Hi, im debating whether to purchase the D2 or the D2G. I'm aware of the D2G's 1.2 processor and the slightly improved keyboard, but the thing is i almost never leave the country and i dont use my phone for work purposes. It would be great to get some valuable opinions on whether or not the D2G would be necessary for me? Or would the D2 be a better fit?

Advertisement

2. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Android Expert

D2G. Its like choosing between frozen yogurt and frozen yogurt with sprinkles for the same price.

3. droid2lb

droid2lb Newbie

the D2G is more money

4. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Android Expert

OOPS! sorry. Now I guess it just depends if you want to spend more for better. If it was me, I would just get the Global.

5. droid2lb

droid2lb Newbie

Thanks for the input. I think im going to dish out a little extra cash and get the global

6. RhinoDoc

RhinoDoc Member

Just FYI - I went to get a D2 for my daughter for Christmas and was told there are none in the store I went to or at the warehouse in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. I had to get the D2G. To help offset the extra $50 cost the sales rep waived for the next 2 years the $10 per month it costs to have her added to the family plan. That will save me $240 and more than offsets the extra cost.

7. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Android Enthusiast

He didn't do anything special just for you, Verizon is doing that for anyone getting a new smartphone on a non smartphone line.
    Verizon Wireless

NiceGuysFinishLast likes this.
  8. Dakota - Tom

Dakota - Tom Well-Known Member

Sleezeball of a sales rep; represented a offer available to anyone adding a smartphone to their plan as a "just for you" deal. You should report him.

9. LOL DROID

LOL DROID Member

I would go for the D2G just based on the extra processing power.

10. NunyaBidnez

NunyaBidnez Well-Known Member

You'll get a better resale value for a Droid 2 Global because it can be used internationally and it can be unlocked to work with any GSM carrier outside the US. Though the D2G has hardware capable of running on AT&T (2G/3G) and T-Mobile US (2G only), there is a software restriction preventing the phone from working on GSM carriers in the US, but I expect that the Android modding/hacking community will eventually rectify this situation.

Motorola Droid 2 Forum

The Motorola Droid 2 release date was August 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

August 2010
Release Date
Reviews