• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

D3 another low-key release?

rushmore

Extreme Android User
Nov 13, 2008
Kentucky
No peep from VZW yet, but they sure made notice of the new data plans. Either this is low-key like the last several Moto devices, or they are waiting for the 7th.

Lack of effort on Moto's part kind of kills the buzz, IMO. If you market a device with "meh", the consumer response will probably be "meh" too.

If the Bionic gets a low-key release... Maybe Moto cut their advertising team to save money.... Nah.

No, the Bionic launch is gonna be damn huge. The first dual core LTE phone with a 4.5 inch screen, and you think Verizons gonna let that pass? I say it gets more marketing than the Droid Charge. Now onto the Droid 3, it'll get marketing but not a lot due to the fact of it being a 3G device.

but isn't it the first dual core 3g device?...also the Droid3 is going to be night and day difference from its predecessors. I say it gets some decent press.

In the end Moto will own the fastest 4G and 3G phones in the game so it doesn't matter anyways.

and before someone comments about the bootloaders who gives a care. We have done really well with the locked bootloaders that we have now and i'm fine with it.

Upvote 0
the X2 was

Correct. I also got confirmation from Verizon CS a few minutes ago that it's already in their computers for a 7th launch via direct fulfillment on the website and a 14th launch in retail stores. Don't expect a huge TV ad campaign for the D3. I think they're saving that money for the Bionic. They're probably counting on the Droid 3 name selling itself.

Upvote 0
Looking forward to reviews before I jump on the D3. I was looking at also getting the Transformer or Thrive, but if the Bionic is 4.5", I would already have a tablet as well. ;)

Not seeing how a 4.5" display behaves with LTE and a faster chipset for battery life, but not long (perhaps) to see if correct.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones